Chapter 14 ➾ Dealing with it.

Chapter 14

Dealing with it.

He doesn't really think about it: he sends the maid , Ceren with her mother out the kitchen and stares at the stove. He hasn't cooked for along time. He's always cooked for his mother , father and sisters. Not for anyone else. For some reason this makes him nervous, and hundred year old secret recipe that he's perfected from helping his mother in the kitchen over the years suddenly don't seem to be good enough. What's with him today? He's second guessing himself, something he hasn't done in nearly a year.

Since when did I care what other people thought?

He spoke more of a comment to himself when a voice from behind made him turn.

"You mean since when do you care about what she thinks?" Kemal stated as he got a dead-glare from the Aga.

"I'm just having an off day. That's all." He replied Just noticing that Kemal was standing behind him.

It takes him a while, but eventually he's pleased with the final product. He's made pasta, his own meat and Bison Sauce. It smells heavenly, and even he – the boy who promised he wouldn't do that recipe after his mother got killed – gives it a taste. He closes his eyes and he's back with his sisters as they are watching their mother make this very pasta. Everything was brighter then: things were more certain.

Now the days are the same color, a bland Grey, blending into one after another...

Until Melek came along, that is.

Ceren takes it up to her and Kenan waits in the kitchen, flipping through a book he was reading. Half an hour goes by and Ceren brings the plate back down again. He makes himself act casual as he glances upwards. His heart felt like breaking when he see the plate not touched.

"She didn't want to eat , she said and I quote Leave me to die "

As he took the plate from Ceren and threw it on the ground breaking the Plate as a scream escaped Ceren's mouth.

"Aren't you studying to become a doctor go see what is wrong with her" Kenan practically screamed at Ceren.

Ceren was 20 years old , she didn't want to become a doctor but she need to only to satisfy her Father Onur who still didn't see her as his daughter and only as the maid's daughter.

"S-he was Raped that is what is wrong with her" Ceren yelled back as she goes to the room and slams the door hard.

Kemal shook his head and left Kenan alone in the kitchen.

*******

Another night of torture: Melek turns away as he enters. She hears him changing and notes how he takes his time. It's as if he wants to make it longer for her, play with his toy a little more. She doesn't even have death as an escape option now.

He falls asleep quickly afterwards, but Melek can't. She lies as straight as a board under the sheets, her hands turned into fists. She feels dirty. She can no longer look at her body any more without feeling sick. After all, this is what made him want her.

Queasiness pools in the pit of her stomach as the sun begins to rise. Sleepily Kenan fingers her hair as he kissed her good morning and she was now used to it and she couldn't fight him , she was afraid.

Afraid of him doing what he did...

She doesn't realize she's crying again until Kenan wipes a tear from her eye. She flinches from his touch (she hates it when he touches her with his hands, hands that have pinned her to the bed when she's been fighting, grabbed her hair ).