Chapter 11 ➾ Musa meets Melek.

Chapter 11

Musa meets Melek

Melek groaned, stirring and finding herself suddenly very sore all over. There was a feeling of numbness creeping over her. Slowly the dimness and silence which surrounded her became to clear and the smell of smoke drifting into her nose causing her to choke.

She gradually started to open her eyes and emerged from the darkness of her deep sleep. What happened? Her confused brain frantically tried to explain not only where she was, but what had actually happened. All she could hear was the ticking of a clock and an aching pain in her neck.

Memories flashed back and she suddenly remembered.

Melek tried to move her hands to her face, but found her wrist bound together behind her. She started to panic, twisting her arms back and forth in an attempt to loosen the rope. With each turn, the skin on under the rope turned raw and began to sting and throb. They were no looser than before and now she had only increased her pain.

Melek took a moment to study her surroundings and came to the conclusion she must have been a room of some sorts, but it was hard to make out with the lack of lightening in the room. She was laid on a chair, but that was as much as she could make out.

She heard voice echo from outside the room just as the door open shinning a bright light through the door way. Melek squinted and turned her face away from the harsh light, slowly letting her eyes adjust. When she could finally see, Kenan was kneeling right in front of her, grinning away like a Cheshire cat.

"You're awake." Kenan mused, brushing her cheek with the pad of this thumb. "I was beginning to worry that I used too much on you."

"Go to hell" She stated.

"Now,Melek , you know The Aga's wife shouldn't speak like that." His expression was serious, but his tone was still cocky and amused.

"Untie my hands." She hissed.

"I will, just as soon as our little meeting is over with."

Kenan grabbed her around the waist and pulled her up with little effort, setting her on her own two feet to stand. Her head felt heavy and cloudy as dizziness struck her fast at the sudden movements. Melek couldn't support her own weight and her knees gave away, but Kenan caught her in his arms, supporting her against his body.

He ran his fingers through her hair, pulling it out of her face and away from her neck. His eyes were fixated on the little pin prick on her trend flesh from when he had injected her. He felt guilt bite him like a rabid dog seeing the small bruises that surrounded the mark. Maybe he was too harsh with her?

"I think I used a little too much on you." He wondered out loud.

"Why?" Melek questioned him. "Why'd you do it?"

"I did it to calm you down." He said simply. "What we are about to do is something that you're not going to like, but I promise that as soon as it's over, you can go to your room and sleep off the drug. Okay?"

Her eyes widen. "What are you talking about?"

Kenan ignored her question and pulled her with him through the door he came from and into the next room. The walls, ceiling and carpet were all black, with one single light bulb hanging in the middle. Melek noticed Mahir stood in the corner. On the far wall of the room a massive television screen was mounted to the wall, a camera and a laptop all spread out on a desk.

"What's going on?" Melek panicked as Kenan dragged her over to a chair by Mahir, gently setting her down in it.

Again, he didn't answer her, instead making his way over to the laptop and pressing several different keys, making the television spring to life. He then switched on the camera and repositioned it in the center with the tripod before finally turning off the lights so the only light in the room came from the television.