Chapter 5 ➾ Zaynab

Chapter 5

Zaynab

Melek's POV:

When I finally came out of the bathroom, I quickly glanced around the room to check that he wasn't there. There was still a hole in the wall, but the splintered pieces of wood that covered the floor before were gone. Everything was neatly back in its place as if nothing ever happened.

What caught my eye most was what was on the bed. Spread out on the sheets was a set of new, clean clothes and underwear. I raised my eyebrows and studied the outfit which consisted of another dress, but one of a very different design. It was longer than the one she was currently wearing with a modest chest line and a back to it. It as a dark purple color and laid next to it was a black cardigan.

I looked form the clothes to what I was wearing now. I didn't want to accept anything from him, but I really didn't like prancing around in such a revealing dress. Quickly I snatched up the items and hurried back in to the bathroom. Better safe than sorry.

*******************

Kenan's POV

After a while, I gave up waiting outside of the bathroom, so left and ordered a maid to clean the room again. I battled with my inner demon and came to the conclusion that I should get her some new clothes instead if I was going to have any chance of earning her forgiveness.

My plan was already set in motion and Melek was the key to that success. I was finally, after all these years, get my revenge on all those who had caused me and my family pain and misery throughout the years. I was going to get even and prove that I wasn't one to be messed with. Ever.

Maybe I was too harsh with her. Maybe I shouldn't have scared her like that. Heck, I knew I had over stepped the mark, but no one had ever challenged me like that before. I'd been so angry! Angry at Mahir for doing it in the first place. Angry at myself for leaving her alone. Angry at Melek for being so irresistible.

In seeing the tears in her eyes and the way she choked on her sobs brought a wave of guilt. I hated to admit it, but she had gotten under my skin and was chipping away at the ice I had encased my heart in since I was born and that what my father had taught me.

"Kenan?". I turned to the door, snapping out of my thoughts.

"What the hell are you doing?" A voice questioned.

It was Zaynab. My Uncle's Daughter and also she was Melek brother's friend from the neighborhood, Zaynab is a year older than Kenan and six years older than Melek and she used to babysit her.

"Kenan!" She snapped. "What are you doing?!"

"Drinking." I slurred, finding it difficult to sit up properly in my seat.

"Astaghfar Allah." Zaynab sighed, taking the seat opposite me.

"So is that what you've been doing in this new 'Aga' house you bought. Drinking?" She chuckled.

"I thought the plan was that you were going to go to Akyürek house and bring Kerem in for questioning."

"I went but he wasn't there." I said simply.

"You're sure?"

"Yep." I popped the 'p'. "Just ask his sister, Melek."

Zaynab was shocked and I smirked. I loved surprising Zaynab with news she would never have guessed before.

"What?" She spat.

"Well, it kinda sucked that we drove all the way out there with nothing to show for it so...I took her." Kenan explained, giving Zaynab a devilish smile.

"Kenan!" She exclaimed, knowing all too well the look I was giving her.

"Melek , Kerem.... Kenan is she THE MELEK , My friend's little sister Melek." Zaynab Asked.

"The one" I stated.

" But .. how ... w-hy , why didn't you tell me about this , How could you do this to an innocent girl".

Kenan scoffed, downing a glass of bourbon.

"Melek is hardly an innocent little girl, Zaynab." I snorted, getting up and pacing the room again. "She's a Akyürek, they're all the same."

"But does she even know about the Akyürek and what's going on? Did you even ask?" Zaynab questioned.

"Why should I? She's a Akyürek and that is a good enough reason for me to keep her around. Besides, she could be an amazing bargain chip if this whole plan goes wrong." I replied carefully, as if testing the words on his tongue for the first time.

"Did she know where Kerem was?" She asked.

"Nope. She claims she has no idea where he is." He said sarcastically, finally settling back down in his seat.

"She could be telling the truth."

"She could be lying." I growled. "Trust me Zaynab, I know exactly what I am doing. Melek Akyürek will be the perfect pawn in my master plan, just you wait and see."

"Really?" Zaynab asked septically. "And how's that going to work?"

"Simple. I marry her." I smirked, watching Zaynab face twist in confusion. "Think about it, once we are married and she's mine , The Akyürek would kill to get her as she will be fighting against her own family without even knowing. Plus, it would give me such great satisfaction kill two birds with one stone , First The Akyürek family who were my father's enemies for years and also Kerem who had betrayed my father and went behind his back and they will all suffer knowing that their Melek will be mine. It's the ultimate revenge and it's brilliant!" I beamed.

"You can't do this Kenan..  how will you convince her to marry you... I am going to go to my father to stop this craziness?"

I held her hands.

"Zaynab, I don't have to convince her." A  smug grin appeared on my face. "and beside my uncle already knows about this and I am the Aga ... no one can tell me how to react or I am going to do what my father had done before me and vanish your family" I stated as I looked at Zaynab.

She knew what our families do for a living and she knew that I was capable of doing anything since I am the only heir because my uncle isn't my father's brother , he is his step-brother.

"I don't really have any choice in this but just make sure you don't hurt her , she is a kind girl and friend's sister , she doesn't deserve that." Zaynab said sadly.

I lean forward, resting my elbows on my knees and staring Zaynab directly in the eyes.

"Musa and Ela Akyürek ruined my life. Their whole family destroyed everything that our family held dear and now I'm just returning the favor."

"Whatever you say, Kenan. Just make sure you know what you're doing." Zaynab quickly closing the subject.