Chapter 13 ➾ Aftermath.

Chapter 13

Aftermath.

Melek wakes up in pain. It's the sunlight that has woken her, and when she opens her eyes she moves her hand to block it from her eyes. She's sore. It hurts everywhere. Her hand goes to the sore area and what she feels disturbs her.

she remembers: him coming towards her, screaming and fighting until she felt too weak to even keep her eyes open. And then, a dream she thinks, vague flashes of being on the bed, her clothes pulled off her body, and then pain...

Tears fill her eyes as it comes back to her. Her hand goes to her mouth and she wants to cry out, but she doesn't.

She's right not to, because on the bed next to her is her Kidnapper; her rapist.

His head is turned towards her, but his eyes are closed and his breathing is even. He appears to be in blissful sleep, and Melek isn't going to be the one to bring him out of it. Carefully and very, very slowly – even though everything in her body is screaming at her to run – she gets off the bed. She presses her lips together to stop herself from moaning. The area between her legs is sore and painful, and even taking a step sends shoots of pain down there.

She doesn't have a plan. All she knows is that she needs to get out. She knows the only one who could save her would be her father and after last night she was sure that the monster is Kenan and not her father and as far as she knows he didn't do anything t hurt her.

By the time she gets the door she has nearly collapsed from pain and fear. Holding her breath she takes the door handle and turns it, inching the door forward little by little.

Slam! The door is pushed closed and Melek falls back a little from surprise. It causes more pain and she cries out this time, though that could be the shock as well. She nearly hits the floor but hands catch her. His hands.

"Be careful , what are you doing." Kenan asked as he yawn sleepy.

Oh God no.

"Stay away from me!" she cries. She tries to keep looking at him, but her eyes dart back and forth, searching for a weapon. The Gun – but it was no where to be found.

"What is going on ?" He asked as he get closer to her.

"Melek, listen I didn't mean to kill your brother bu-..."

"I don't care , I don't care , you should have killed me , KILL ME PLEASE , KILL ME NOW !" She sob, her eyes finally filling with emotion.

He turns her around so she's facing him again. Melek fights though, and somehow she manages to get out of his grasp. She whirls round to look at him. His bottom half is naked but he's still wearing his shirt.

"D-o y-ou h-ave a-ny i-dea o-f what you put me through yesterday ?" Melek asked, her voice barely more than a whisper. "At all?"

Kenan remained silent . One because he didn't know what she wanted him to say and two because he couldn't let her know that he cared. He couldn't let her see how much she was beginning to mean to him. He didn't understand what he was feeling or why he was feeling this way in the first place but it was something that he couldn't control. It was spreading like wild fire in his chest, melting away at the ice cold cage he had locked his heart away in.

And he knew that she was going to talk about Musa and how much pain I have caused her.

He sighed and slowly made his way back to the door, gripping the handle firmly before glancing back at her over his shoulder.