Chapter 16 ➾ Moving away.

Chapter 16

Moving away.

The next thing Melek knew is that she was dragged by Kemal to the car with a luggage packed , she was heavy and she didn't even look as if she was in her second month and more like she was in her 5 or 6 month.

Her eyes met Kenan's in the rear view mirror. Melek licked her lips, her mouth dry from all that crying.

"Stay still and keep quiet," Kenan said as Kemal was the one who was driving the car. "We have a long journey ahead of us."

There was nothing in his gaze that she could relate to, no emotions. His eyes looked black. Melek suppressed a shiver, turning away to see where they were. There were planes.

She had never been to on a flight before so she looked surprised as she sow them, she sow large and small planes , Kenan went to a small plane as Kemal had put Melek into a wheelchair.

"Everything is settled right ?" Kenan asked the man.

The man shiver and nods.

"Good" That is all he said as he entered the plane.

Kemal took me and then helped me get into the plane.

She never went in a plane before so she was anxious.

Melek didn't speak a word as all she did was cry, She didn't know what they had done to Ceren and she had no idea how to get rid of the creature in her stomach.

She looks down at her belly, hidden behind her black sweater. She refuses to touch it. Her stomach. There's a baby inside there. Undeveloped, unaware. What if he or she has his eyes? Those eyes. The same pair of eyes she has nightmares about. The coldness, the bitterness, the sheer violence captured only in his eyes. And his hands. Will the baby have his hands, too? The rough, dry, calloused hands. The hands he used to touch Melek, as she trembled, frozen, not feeling a thing, because she couldn't. Because her brain wouldn't allow her to. But now she has this. And her brain isn't protecting her from this.

She remembered her mother talking to her about Babies and that babies come out of love but she couldn't understand how she didn't love Kenan but she has a baby growing inside of her.

She holds resentment for the unborn child. The unknowing baby he created. She can't bond with it. It is not staying. She cannot carry it, or give birth to it to pass onto someone else. It has Ergenç DNA running through it's blood that is horrific. Ceren had tried to convince her of this, but she told her

"The baby will not be like him. This baby is not him. You have to understand that. It didn't ask to be created; especially not like that,"

she answered "but it still has Ergenç DNA"

Soon she drifted to dream land as she slept.

*********

Melek walked up and she was in a car as she looked threw the car window. They weren't in Turkey anymore. That was a fact , they maybe spend ten to eleven hour is a plane. They could be anywhere in the world. She leaned back against the seat and breathed deep, trying to keep calm.

She ran a hand over her stomach not intentionally but at that moment she was feeling uncomfortable as if there was a tumor growing inside of her.

She was alone in a car with a Kemal and Kenan. Kemal slowed down to take a right turn; she heard the turn signal go clickclickclickclick and when it stopped, she waited until her heartbeat had slowed down to the same rate before finding the courage to speak.