Chapter 13 ➾ Aftermath.

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry." Kenan didn't say another word, instead he turned away from the anguished look in her eyes and before he closed the door behind him his uncle appeared as he enters the room uninvited.

" Well Kenan , You have finally became a man , you have finally made her your wife and took your revenge , I am proud of you" His uncle stated as he grabbed him for a hug.

"I- D-i-d" He questioned.

Kenan started to remember somethings about last night , He was drunk and everything was blur , he couldn't remember anything from last thing except being drunk with his uncle but everything after that was just a blank space.

Melek let a tear slip from her wet lashes, feeling a pain rising through her chest. She was meant to hate this boy! He had done so much to hurt her.

Kenan and his uncle went outside.

She returned back to bed and wrapped the covers around herself, tightly, closing her eyes, more than ready for sleep to take her away to the land of dreams where nothing of this was real.

***********

A few Hours had passed and Kenan was back in the room , Melek didn't move from her place as she didn't lift her self to see him.

A few second after there's a knock on the door and Melek hears a voice which seems somewhere at the other end of a tunnel. "Am I interrupting?"

"No Sara ," Kenan answers. He can barely get his words out. "Run Melek a bath please."

Fresh tears come down, this time from humiliation. The maid – Sarah – has come in, Melek could hear the yelling that came from downstairs and she thought as if they were happy that he forced her and that what was actually happening.

His uncle was more than happy that he could harm the daughter of Musa Akyürek.

Melek knew everyone in the house knows by now that he...forced himself upon her and he doesn't even have the decency to be ashamed.

She can hear Kenan moving and feel the weight of his gaze on her as he changes. Then footsteps and he's coming back towards her. Melek can't move from fear, her heart hammering – please no, not again, please God no – and she even thinks she'll faint when he stops. She closes her eyes.

"I a-m sorry"

A kiss is placed on the temple of her head. It's gentle, but far from being sweet, it feels like a brand mark; he's reminding her that he owns her. She belongs to him.

"Go take a bath," she hears him say. He runs his hand down her hair. "I'll clear up in here."

********

Melek wiped her tears away and pulled a stray lock of her hair behind her ear as she entered her bed chambers and told Sarah to leave. She bolted the huge door shut behind her. Her heart was hammering painfully in her chest and when she saw her reflection in the mirror across from her, she almost didn't recognize herself. Her long, dark hair were tangled and her green eyes were red and swollen from crying. Even her hands were shaking. What had happened to her? In just a few weeks , she had gone from an innocent kid to this weak and crying mess.

She goes back to the bathroom when Sarah leaves, she goes for the shaver. She isn't surprised to find that it has gone, but only when she feels despair sinking in she realizes how much she depended on it. She sinks down to the floor and let's tears fall, finally giving in to terror and sadness.