Chapter 11 - The play

'How is it possible to dream without sleeping. To feel without blood streaming through your veins. To see things that will happen soon after you saw them. It isn't, it's impossible, but still here I'm. Never had I dreamed before. It felt strange to feel things that aren't really there, but it seemed all so real. I'm confused, I see so many things, voices in my head, but still dreaming would be impossible.'

I was walking through the gardens, looking at the beautiful colours I had missed for so long. I sigh contently when I let my fingers glide across the leaves of a bush of red roses. I slowly looked up when I spotted a falling figure in the corner of my eye. I curiously walked over to the battling men, I rounded the corner and folded my arms across my chest. A crowd of guards stood around the fighting men while battle screams and cheers filled the air. My eyes followed every movement of the men's bodies like cats eyes watching their prey.

Some guards spotted me and were silenced before mumbling started to spread across the field. The men stopped fighting and looked confused at their comrades, but were soon aware of the visitor. The man with messy brown hair and dark brown eyes approached me and held out his hand. "Solomon, it's a honour to finally meet the personal guard of the Queen." My eyes pierced through his soul while I searched for everything that I could use against the man named Solomon Kingsley.

I eventually grinned at the man and shook his hand firmly in mine. "(Y/N) (S/N), it is a pleasure meeting you too sir Kingsley." The man's eyes widened with surprise, but quickly recovered as his laughter could be heard.

"So it's true, all those stories about the second gifted." I thought about the words that had left the man's lips, 'the second gifted'. Is that how people look at me now?

Those stupid mortals. Don't you see, they're already giving you a pet name.

"Yes, all is correct." I waved my hand in dismissal of his remark and watched as more men gathered around me, I rolled my eyes.

"Well if the stories aren't lying then your forces are real." I nodded, a playful smile spread across the man's face. "Then I think you have nothing to fear for a battle against me, my lady." The guards began to cheer while Solomon smirked at me. I closed my eyes and walked passed the men to the open field, untying my cape and throwing it to the side.

I turned around while pulling off my gloves, putting them behind my belt, and looked up at Solomon. "Well, if you insist." The guards started to cheer louder and Solomon walked to the field, standing in front of me. I threw my sword to the side and inspected the green grass for any unknown pits. "The rules are simple, we combat hand to hand, no weapons and no magic." I moved my fingers playfully and looked at the trained man before me. "If one fails to fight, the battle will be stopped, understood."

Solomon cracked his neck and stood in his fighting position. "Understood." I laughed softly at his figure, maybe this is going to be entertaining. "You will be surprised when I kick your ass."

I smirked. "I doubt that very much." I hooked my thumbs behind my belt nonchalantly, my hands now slightly resting on my hips and waited. "Let's begin." It wasn't long after the words left my lips that Solomon ran at me and threw his first punch. My eyes darted to his flying fist and grabbed his upper arm with an strong grip. I elbowed him on his nose, which caused him to stumble and open up his front. I pushed my knee upwards and let it make contact with his stomach. A groan echoed across the field as I let go of Solomon, he stepped back and had trouble recovering.

"Good move." He mumbled under his breath, he straightened his back and prepared himself again for the fight. "I bet you can't do that a second time." I laughed loudly and returned my hands to my hips.

"There's only one way to know for sure." I gestured my hand for him to attack again, but this time he was more watchful. He threw a punch at me and another one and another. I was moving quickly and stepped out of his reach while jumping behind him and kicking his legs. He fell to the ground, but before I could finish it, he turned and pushed his feet into my stomach. I fell back, but just when my back was about to hit the ground, I put my hand on the grass and flipped my body over, landing on my feet swiftly with a smirk. "Not bad."