Chapter 9 - Predominant

'I fight for life, but everyone else fights for my death.'

"Don't they understand that a monster like me has emotions too?" The little (H/C) haired girl always said to herself when again she saw nothing else than a monster in her reflection.'

A phrase that could describe my whole life, just one simple sentence, but that all stopped, now that I have found an opportunity to better myself. This sentence won't follow me any longer as it use to did. I have new people to care about now, the lost ones a shadow behind my back, I'm not going to look over my shoulder, I'm looking forward to the future that is lying in the hands of a certain snow Queen. Her thumb softly stroking across my knuckles, eyes fixated on me and watching me while I think. My eyes were closed and I was trying to enjoy the warm touch of Elsa, my thoughts ghosting through my mind.

I was hidden in my room, all my sorrows flooding through my body. Elsa had come to me and hadn't left my side, even if I had said that I was well. She just sat by me and held my hand secured in hers, waiting until I would speak. Actually, I'm glad she is here, she makes the painful memories less hurtful. She had apologised countless times for slapping me, I just waved my hand at the comment and said that I understood why she did it, it was an impulse.

I opened my eyes and saw Elsa's beautiful, tender smile. "Are you alright?" I intertwined our fingers and smiled to hide my grief, but this woman made it almost impossible to still feel that grief. Elsa wore her royal dress today, the dark fabric made her look older and wiser, but I still preferred her beautiful, icy blue dress. It was just something that spoke for who she was and I loved everything about her. Even if I would forever speak silence upon that truth.

"Everything is well, my Bitter Rose." I had used this little nickname for the Queen more often after the night of her showing her concern for me. She asked me several times as to why I kept calling her by this ordinary 'name', but I never gave her an explanation. It was something that involved my caring towards her and as I had said before, I like to silent upon that subject. I stood and so did she, I offered my arm and I guided her out of my room. "It's getting dark my Queen, I think it's time to return to your room." Elsa held back a yaw and laughed softly at her own action.

"I give you right." I brought her to her room and opened the door so she could enter, her hands moving up to her hair. I looked with longing eyes as Elsa let her hair down, watching me from across her shoulder. She turned back around and slowly made her way over to me, biting her lip gently. She looked beautiful with her hair dancing around her face, she stood before me, so close that I could see the soft touch of freckles across her cheeks and the brights of her nose, just one step forward and I could touch her.

As if Elsa could read my mind she stepped forward and took my hand in hers. Not once did she loss eye contact, lips slightly parted as she eyed me with all her emotions showing in her blue orbs. She was so beautiful in the soft shimmering of the candle light and I wanted her more than ever. Her body asking for me to touch it, her eyes daring for me to come closer, her neck beckoning me to sink my teeth in and her lips smirking to me, knowing fully well what I wanted. I grinned and moved my other hand up to her cheek, I slowly began to lean in and was about to seal her lips with mine, but stopped.

Voices were screaming in my mind and my brows furrowed, I can't kiss her, it will eventually turn out to be the biggest mistake of my life, I don't want to loose her just because I loose myself. Before Elsa could finally feel my lips against hers, I corrected my destination and placed a soft kiss to her forehead. Elsa blinked, hurt dismissing the warm feeling immediately and sigh in realisation of something that may not be true, she pulled away and I watched as she closed her door. I knew exactly what she thought and it tore me apart, but maybe it was all better like this. I'm a vampire, a demon, a dark soul..... a monster. Elsa is, perfect, gorgeous, an angel, a wonderful woman and every thing except a monster.