Chapter 1 - Greeting

I flew through the dark sky in the direction of which people said led to the famous Kingdom of our so called magical Queen. I had traveled for a week by now and was relieved to know that I was near my destination. My eyes scanned across the forest before deciding to descend on one of the high tree tops, that could almost scratch the sky. I smelled and felt the presence of different souls.

I leap from the tree top as my boots made contact with the ground of a forest path that led to the East. My ears perked up at the sound of a frightening howl and was greeted by a shadow blocking a part of the moonlight. My grin, that was already stitched onto my lips, became larger and I whistled a high pitched tone, crossing my arms as I waited patiently. After a number of seconds I heard how a large creature made contact with muddy earth, hearing a monstrous howl from the dark shadow beside me. A large black wolf with red eyes howled to the moon and clapped his large leather wings.

I petted the majestic creature over his head as its eyes were watching its surrounding. The wolf was an unique species, it could change into any being when I said so. I was his mistress and he did everything what I commanded him, even if it could cost his own life. I found him in a cave near the cottage where I lived, he was my only companion in the never ending loneliness. I named him (W/N), I don't know why, but he listened to it so why not. My nostrils were filled with a strong scent which made my mouth water. I bow beside (W/N) and stroke the beast behind his ear, looking in the direction where the scent came from. He hit his jaws and growled, his red eyes began to glow as he waited patiently for my command.

"Search." I whispered close by his ear, stepping back so he could clap his wings and go ahead in search for my prey. I focused once more on the scent before I ran on an inhuman speed across the forest path, practically invisible to the naked eye. I heard a howl of (W/N) and climbed into a tree. I looked across the forest and saw the wolf circling above a given area, grinning, I jumped from tree to tree until I was directly underneath (W/N). I looked down and saw a man with a rifle on his back, looking around for the source of the threatening sounds. Probably a lonely hunter, I only smelled his specific scent and concluded that he had no wife or children.

"Wonderful." I jumped down and stood directly before the feet of the hunter, clearly seeing the terror on the man's face. It was quite logical, since I just fell from the sky. "If I may ask ...."

"No, you may not!" I hissed at the man for the rude interruption which caused him to step back, aiming his rifle at my head in the process. "What are you?!"

I hummed softly as my lips formed into one of my infamous grins while my eyes watched the man with a challenging look. "I must warn you that there are strange creatures hidden in the darkness of the night." (W/N) came to my side from out of the shadows and growled at the man, his eyes focused on the man his throat. The last thing I saw was the frightened look in his eyes and believe me, I absolutely loved it.

--()--

I arrived by a small village by dawn and walked at a normal human speed as I made my way to a nearby café. I felt a light weight on my shoulder and moved my hand up to softly stroke the dark feathers of the black crow named (W/N). His bead eyes scanning our surroundings for any threats which caused me to shake my head with a slight hint of amusement. What can these villagers possibly do to threaten me. I looked in the direction of the massif castle that was surrounded by an indestructible wall. A wall that even I couldn't break, even if I wanted to. I stroke with my hands across the fabric of my suit in order to extract it from the last creases before I pushed the doors open of the café, ignoring the confused looks of the mortals.

I took a seat at a table far away from those piercing eyes, my hand automatically moved up to stroke the chest of (W/N) as it always seemed to calm me in these sorts of situations. With my still free hand I took the all too familiar black book out of my coat that helped me through this living hell. Everything that is happening with me is written down in this book, with every little detail. This book has helped me master most parts of my curse, but of course, the book only was not enough. I flipped through it until I had found the right page and began to read. But after a while I was disturbed by soft footsteps that came walking in my direction.