Chapter 8~ No.

READ TILL END OK?!?! THIS ISNT WHERE IT ENDS! EVEN THOUGH THIS CHAPTER SEEMS LIKE THE LAST IT ISNT! KK LOVE YALL

LAFS POV

"I love you Lafayette..." No. No. No. NO! This....this isnt happening. Not to my Y/N. All of my worst nightmares were coming true in this very instant.
"NO Y/N! HURRY UP"! I barked at the scrambling medics. Her face was pale and her eyes fluttered shut. They lifted her from my arms, but the heavy ache was still on my chest. I squeezed my eyes shut, blocking out the unimaginable. 'No.No.No.No'. I looked back over at the limp red-coat who had assulted Y/N and kil-. 'No. She isnt dead. No'. The tears made an endless stream down my face as I let out choked sobs. After what felt like hours I found the strength to stand. I stood shakily and made my way to my friends. John, Alex and Herc were all pacing in the tent. "Laf! Are you alright"! They all rushed over to me. No. No. No. I wasnt alright. My heart was just ripped out of my chest. It felt as if my very core has been torn into pieces. I nodded slowly, the tears still streaming. "Laf why are you crying"? Herc gripped my shoulder and searched my eyes. I looked at him blankly. No. No. No. "Y/N...is...injured badly". I let out a husky whisper, my voice crackly from my constant crying. "What? How can she be injured? She isnt even-". Alex stopped and gave me a look of disbelief and horror. "No...." I looked at the floor. Why did I let her stay? What is wrong with me? I should have sent her home. "Laf....no. She didnt". Alex gripped my shoulders, pleading me with his eyes. I nodded. "Theo..." John whispered and covered his mouth. "Oh my God..." Herc rubbed his face. "How long did you know"? Alex asked, still pale. I didnt look up "Ever since the bar". "YOU LET HER STAY"!? Alex screamed in disbelief and shoved me. My gaze flew up to his icy glare. "IT WAS NOT MY DECISION! SHE WOULDNT LEAVE"! "SO YOU TOLD WASHINGTON"? I stopped and looked at the tent wall heaving. "You didnt tell him"? John practically hissed. I shook my head. "I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU"! Alex screamed and scattered papers across the room, Herc and John in complete shock. I glared back at him "I KNOW! I KNOW IM A DAMN BASTARD ALEX! I MADE AN IRREVERSABLE MISTAKE OK?!? AND KNOW I AM GOING TO LOOSE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE BECAUSE OF MY SELFISH THINKING! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME! SHE DOESNT DESERVE THIS! SHE DOESNT DESERVE M-e"! My voice cracked at the end and I crumpled on the ground, unable to stand any longer. My chest shattered into sobs again. No. No. No. No. "L-Lafayette". Herc came beside me and pulled me into his embrace. John and Alex soon joined. I felt like a damn fool, sobbing like a pathetic coward. But I couldnt help the loud sobs that broke out of me and racked my body. "Im so sorry Y/N....I am so sorry..." I muttered under my breathe, the reality making my chest hurt. We sat in pained silence until I decided it was time to get up. "Laf are you sur-". "Oui. I just....I just need to see her". They nodded and let me leave. Night had fallen and the cold air burned my wet cheeks. I could barely see but I remembered the way to the medical center. (I APOLOGIZE I FORGOT WHAT IT WAS CALLED!) I tentivaly opened the tent to see Y/N wrapped in bandages. I looked and no one was in the room, so I swiftly went to her bedside. I held her hand and flinched. It was cold, but not complete ice. I looked her over and the pain in my chest intensified. She was heavily wrapped, but a little blood still stained the bandages. Her Y/C/H shone out against her pale, almost lifeless skin, her beautiful Y/C/E eyes shut. I sighed, I desperatley wanted to see those eyes, the ones that brightened my day and made me feel special. I closed my eyes and layed my head on the side of her cot. "I love you Y/N. So please....fight for me"? I heard the flaps of the tent move and I whipped around. My heart jumped from my throat to my stomache in realizing who it was. "What are you doing in here". Washington growled as he moved to the other side of the cot. My grip tightened on her hand and I looked at her face. "I came to check on Y/N. I was worried-". "You knew...didnt you"? Washingtons voice dripped with anger and confusion, also a little hurt. I closed my eyes again. "Sir I-" "How long"? I looked and he was staring at Y/N with the same pained, sad expression I had. I exhaled "Ever since we arrived". I heard the chair fly backwards "WHAT"?! I flinched, my heart beating faster. "Sir I tried to convice her she wouldnt listen". He glared at me "You should have told me... LOOK AT HER"! I flinched and slowly looked at her pale face. "My...my girl". Washington collapsed down into his chair and was on the brink of tears. I was silent, I didnt know what to say. "Leave....Go home". My eyes flew open and I looked at him in disbelief. "Sir...no! I cant leave her this way"! I stood and still held her hand tightly in mine. No. No. No. No. No. He stood up and matched me. "Leave Lafayette. Youve hurt her too much already. Stay away from my daughter and go". He hissed right in my face. I felt alot of emotions bubble inside of me, making me almost explode. Anxiety, Fear, Sadness, Anger, Doubt, Depression, and so much more conflicting thoughts that were bringing me to my breaking point. I looked back down at her pale face. 'Hes right. Ive hurt her and its all of my fault. I cant forgive this'. I nodded slowly "O-Oui misour". He sat back down and rubbed his daughters hands. "Im so sorry". I whispered, almost inaudible. His face hardened and he turned further away from me. "Will...will you at least tell me if she will be alright"? After a few tense beats he sighed and nodded "She will make a full recovery". The pain in my chest lifted a little. "But do not come near me, or my family ever again". His cold words hit me hard. But what ive done...this cant be forgiven. I deserved this pain. At least she will be alright. I saluted him and left the tent to get my things. When I came in they all had their heads in their hands, in deep thought. "Laf! Is she ok"? John and the others watched as I gathered my few possesions. I nodded "She will be fine. When she wakes up...tell her that im sorry. Tell her that I love her. And that I understand her fathers decision. That I will always love her....that Im sorry we didnt get to live the life we were about to start". I had finished packing my things as I told John my request. "Wait...her fathers decision? Laf what happened"? Alex asked. I looked at them sadly. "Frankly, I am never to, how you say, see her again. I do not disagree. What I have done is...is unforgivable. She will never forgive me for what I did to her and I am fine with that. She doesnt deserve this pain, I do. She will recover, and I hope the man that she finds is good enough for her". I shouldered my bag and went to the tent flaps. "No! Lafayette wait"! They all called. I turned and gave a weak smile. "We....Lafayette you are the best companion that we have ever known". As Alex spoke John and Herc nodded in agreement. "I am sorry for raising my voice Laf. It was out of line. But please, know that we will always be by your side. No matter what". I nodded "Thank you. Goodbye my friends". And with that I left my whole world behind. I left my friends, my chance to help this nation. My future, my love. My Y/N.

AGGHHAA! BIG CLIFF HANGER!! OH NO! HE LEFT! WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN YOU WAKE UP!?! WHERE IS HE GOING?! WILL YOU SEE HIM AGAIN!? AGGHA! I PROMISE THE BOOK DOESNT END HERE SO PLEASE! DONT TAKE IT OFF OF YOUR READING LIST! I PROMISE TO CONTINUE!! K BYE!