Chapter 6~ Click, Boom.

Y/NS POV

You sat up and your head was throbbing. You groaned and squeezed your eyes tight, rubbing your face. 'What happened'? You asked yourself trying to fight the headsplitting ache in your brain. Then everything from last night rushed back to you and your eyes flew open. You checked your chest and hair and they were thankfully still contained securely. Lafayette and the boys were still asleep and you took this as an oppertunity to change. You grabbed some clothes and ran to a secure location. You re-secured your bandages and your Y/C/H Y/L/H hair and threw on your uniform. After you finished you walked back inside the tent quietly. You decided to read a little and started back on a book you had been trying to finish for a while. As what seemed like hours passed by Laf started to stir. He got up and stretched. He came and sat next to you. Putting your book down you turned and gave him your full attention. "Do you remember last night charié"? Laf whispered even though the tent was dead silent. You nodded "Yes. Laf, listen I meant what I said. I dont care what you or my father says. I want to fight for this country. I want to fight for a better future for us. And Im not going to lie, I am frightened. But nonetheless I am willing and able to fight". You hold your breathe and wait for his response. Laf sighed and rubbed his face "Y/N...I could loose you". Laf looked at you with intense care and cupped your cheek. You leaned into his hand and sighed "As I Laf. But its a risk I am willing to make". A minute of silence passed and Laf finally sighed in defeat and leaned his head against yours. "When the war is over, Y/N. I wish to marry you". You gasped and looked at him. "Really"? Laf nodded "I love you Y/N. Please say that you will be mine. My love for you will last lifetimes to come. Will you marry me, Y/N"? His french accent made you weak. How could you say no to this? To your love. A single tear escaped and you nodded. "Yes Laf. A thousand times yes"! You hugged him tightly and kissed him. He smiled into the kiss and pulled back with a sigh of contentment. As he was about to say something the rest of the boys started to wake up. You gave eachother a sad look and Laf got up quickly and went to get into his uniform. This year would be tough... but if you had Laf by your side it would be ok. "Good morning Theo. Early to rise"? John yawned. You nodded "Yes. How was your sleep"? John shrugged "Pleasent. How do you fell after last night? You were heavily intoxicated. Oh and you had a little quarell with Laf? What was that about"? Your heart beat sped up quickly and you gulped. "Oh. I dont recall anything from last night Laurens. Sorry to dissapoint". John shook his head "Oh well. Its fine Theo". The rest of the boys got up and ready as we awaited for what today might hold.

***MINI TIME SKIP***

Washington had called us all to the middle of camp and we stood in a line awaiting orders. He briefly spoke about what we would be doing today. He explained there were stations to rotate to. You and Alex were sent to the shooting station first. Three targets stood a few feet away from you. One of the commanders came over to our lines, shouting orders. He got to you and looked you up and down with a scoff. "You have no buissness here boy. You dont have what it takes". You squared your shoulders and glared at him "I have what it takes". He cocked an eyebrow and smirked "Oh? Prove it". He handed you a pistol and you took your mark. You took a deep breathe and raised the pistol. The soldiers and commander watched in awe as you hit all 3 targets on the bullseye in one swift movement. You smiled at your work and turned back with a smirk. The commander growled at you "Get back in line". You walked back to stand next to Alex. "That was amazing". He whispered to you. You nodded "I had a good teacher". You smiled at the memmories of your father teaching you to shoot a pistol...

****FLASH BACK****

"Agh"! You and your father swiftly ducked as the bullet rickashayed off of a few trees. You stood up "Haha...sorry father. Ugh! I cant do anything right"! You sighed in exasperation and rubbed your temples. This was your 16 birthday and you wanted to learn how to use a pistol. You had been practicing for hours...but you seemed to be getting worse. Your father pulled you into his warm embrace and petted your hair "Y/N. You are amazing and do a lot of things right". He spoke to you in his soft voice, the one he saved for those he cared about. "You will get it. You are my daughter afterall". You giggled and hugged your father. You loved it when he let his official facaude slip and let himself be, well, him. "The point is. Dont give up. I believe in you, Y/N. You have the capacity to accomplish whatever you set out to do. Dont forget that". You looked up at your fathers caring gaze and smiled, confidence rebuilt. You nodded "I love you father". "I love you too Y/N".

***FLASHBACK OVER***

Those words stuck with you ever since, always lifting you back up when needed. You and the men practiced with the targets for a few more hours, you and Alex getting into a little competition while the commander was gone. "Ugh! Damn it! That is the 4th time ive....lost"! He shuddered at the word. "Again"! You laughed at Alex's annoyed demeanor "I think ive beaten you enough in one day Hamilton. Besides it is lunch time". Alex huffed and you made way to the table where the rest of your friends awaited. "How was shooting"? John snickered, the rest also laighing. You rolled your eyes, they had obviously seen Alex's failed attempts at trying to beat me. Alex gritted his teeth "Well Laurens". He dug into his food and you all burst into laughter and hystaria, causing many to stare. "I saw you out there charié. You were magnifique". You blushed slightly at the compliment and nodded discreetly. "It will be hard to resist showing my affections for you any longer mon ami....". He smirked against your now red face, taking note of his hand placement a little high above your knee. "Are you well Theo"? Herc looked at you slightly worried. You coughed "Yes Herc. Never better". The rest of the afternoon was filled with hard training and flirtasious eye-contact with Laf from across the field.

HEEELLLOO! LOOK WHOS ALIVE! I AM SO SORRY BUT IM KINDA SICK AND IM REALLY BUSY WITH OTHER STUFF. SO PLEASE FORGIVE! I KNOW THIS IS SHORT BUT I AM WORKING ON IT AND LIKE I SAID IM BUSY. I HOPED YOU ENJOYED GETTING TO SEE A LITTLE BIT OF WHAT YOU AND YOUR DADS RELATIONSHIP IS LIKE. KK BYE!!