Chapter 3: Life Mates?

A/N ~ I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone reading my stories. Not sure if I said it before, but Forsaken will be getting weekly updates (Every Saturday, my time)

Also, this story is completely unedited. If y'all notice any problems, please let me know. 

~LB

Ace:

"Tucker, please tell me you aren't operating on that fur ball on my desk," Rylan pleaded as he moved to the edge of the desk to see what Tucker was doing.

The large man sitting at the desk suddenly glanced up, as if he hadn't realized that we were there. "Um, no. Of course I'm not operating on Twigs right here. Don't be absurd."

I flinched and waited for the alpha to hurt the man in some way. When I didn't hear any fighting, I glanced at them from the corner of my eye to see Rylan lean over his desk towards Tucker. "What exactly are you doing then?" He didn't sound upset, merely confused. I was confused as well because it definitely looked like the kitten was going through an operation with all the blood Tucker had on him.

Tucker sighed. "I stitched him up already. Now I'm simply attempting to set his leg so that it heals properly."

Caleb sat on the couch stiffly as Rylan shook his head at moved towards the couch to sit down. Rylan waited for a moment before suddenly asking, "Is it safe to move him? Is that a possibility?"

Tucker looked up at Rylan, and then glanced at us before he picked up the kitten. "I'll be in the basement if anyone needs me." He clearly wasn't happy about leaving but did so anyways.

Kynzie:

I shushed Landon as I moved quietly down the hallway. He sounded like an overweight elephant stomping around and I wanted to sneak down to see if I could overhear what was being said. I had nearly begged Landon to go listen for me, but he'd said that he would keep an eye on me, so he wasn't leaving my side. I realized then that he knew I'd talk him into coming downstairs, and this way, he wasn't breaking his word.

He followed me down the stairs and towards the office, where I leaned against the wall to listen to the conversation inside the room.

The voices inside were slightly muted, but I could still hear them just fine.

Dad: "I understand what's going on here, boys. I also support it, with a few stipulations."

Voice 1: "I don't understand, Sir. What are you talking about?" The voice seemed shaky and hesitant, but I wasn't sure why. My dad was a fair person and always gave people the opportunity to speak.

Dad: "I know that the three of you have recently discovered that you share the same life mate." He paused and I felt my heart rate accelerate. I didn't even know their names and I felt drawn to them. My mom had told me that the feeling was more intense for werewolves than it was for coyote shifters. I was part of each, so she hadn't been sure how it would affect me.

Voice 1: "But it's impossible to share a life mate."

Dad: "It might seem that way, but I can tell that the three of you are really good friends. I'm sure you can find a way to make it work. It's the only way you're going to be able to keep your friends and you mate. I can tell you from personal experience, it does work."

Voice 1: "You said there were stipulations...?" His voice seemed hesitant as if he were afraid to ask the question.

Dad: "I can tell that you boys are good kids. I can also tell that you boys may not have the best of lives." He paused for a moment before continuing, "My stipulation is, before you boys do anything rash, you will spend time with my family and my daughter. Before any of you claim your mate, I expect you to get to know her because I will not release my daughter to your care if you can't treat her like she deserves to be treated." There was another brief pause before he called out, "Kynzie, get in here."