Chapter 6: Plan Making

Forrest:

I sat at the table silently and waited for the pancakes to make their trip around the large dining room table. "I don't care what they've fucking been through, they don't belong here," Luke growled out.

I raised my brow, waiting for his tirade to end as the pancakes finally made it to me. Hunter sighed. "We went over this last night, Luke. They're staying, get over it."

Liam reached across the table for another piece of bacon. "Not that I'm worried about this, but why aren't they up here eating? For that matter, where are Kynz and Landon?"

Devon leaned over my shoulder and stole a chocolate chip pancake from my plate. "Not on patrol. I'm headed out to relieve Dallas of that right now."

Hunter swallowed the food in his mouth before he replied, "Kynzie is still sleeping. Landon is waiting until she wakes up to come down. The new guys are all downstairs. At last check, they were all asleep."

Luke snorted in disbelief and crossed his arms over his chest. "So they're lazy on top of disrupting our lives?"

I looked at my plate, and then the syrup in my hand. What could I pour this on? I mentally shrugged and started pouring syrup on everything. "Seriously, Forrest?" Jack asked from across the table.

I grinned at him, "Of course, Little Jack-Jack." I took a bite of my syrupy eggs and grimaced slightly. They weren't as amazing as they had sounded, but they weren't completely horrible.

Kynzie appeared in the doorway. She was barefoot and wearing a pair of short purple shorts and a tight, teal tank top. Landon hovered just behind her, waiting for her to enter the room.

Dallas strode into the room as he ran his fingers through his hair to dislodge the water from the rain outside. He took one look and Kynzie and shook his head, "Hell, no, Kynz. Upstairs and change."

Kynzie looked down at herself, "But-" she started to argue.

Dallas shook his head again, "Don't argue." He pointed at Landon, "And you. Not cool. You can't let her come downstairs wearing that when there are strangers staying here."

Landon blinked and looked down at Kynzie. He scratched his neck and looked back at Dallas in confusion. "Um... I don't see-"

Dallas glared at him, "Go make sure she comes back down in appropriate attire."

I chuckled softly. I was pretty sure that most of my brothers hadn't guessed it yet, but the guys downstairs would eventually be mated with our baby sister.

Seconds later, two of the new guys appeared behind Kynzie. She glared at Dallas, but spun on her heel and shoved past the guys to head back upstairs. Landon followed close on her heels.

Mom stepped into the room to set another plate of food on the table. She smiled at the boys, "Come in. There's plenty of room and food to go around." She gestured to a couple of empty chairs.

Caleb winced slightly as he moved to the chair to sit down. He was shirtless, so I could see the marks on his back looked a little painful. He was definitely healing, but the marks on his back were at that stage where your skin feels tight, and it feels like every move you make might open them again. Bet they itched like crazy. "Thank you," he murmured. Ace sat next to him with Eli lying down between them on the floor.