Chapter 2: Boys Meet Girl

A/N ~ Not sure if this is a good idea or a bad idea, but there will be another story in this series called Forbidden. 

I can't tell you who it'll be about, cause I like secrets! but I'm looking forward to getting to know the new characters when I'm done with these ones. :)

Kynzie:

Papa Tucker left the room while holding the kitten and I followed him. I faintly heard someone outside our house, but I knew his hearing was a lot better than mine. Landon pushed off the wall where he'd been leaning, right outside the office door. "Papa knew you were there," I informed him.

Landon shrugged, "He didn't say anything, so I figured he didn't care." I shook my head. I felt warm just looking at him. He was wearing a dark blue hoodie with the sleeves pushed up around his elbows. His gray beanie covered his short, dark hair.

"Don't you ever get hot in that?" I asked as I watched Papa Tucker glance out a window.

Landon sighed, "Not really. My answer is the same every time you ask me, so why do you keep asking?"

"I figure eventually the weather will get hot enough that you'll start sweating to death in it. I'm just not sure if you'd take it off in that event." I explained.

"It'll never happen, Z." His pale blue eyes focused on something behind me and I whirled around to see a dark gray wolf staring in the window from quite a few feet away. Heavy footsteps behind me had me spinning back towards Landon.

My dad stepped into the room, practically commanding attention. "Tucker, don't worry about it. I'll take care of this, you take care of that." He made a gesture of distaste towards the kitten in Papa Tucker's hand.

Papa Tucker nodded. "Thanks, Ry." Papa disappeared in his study with the kitten again.

Dad looked at me and Landon. "Stay. If either of you steps foot out this door, I will punish you." His eyes darkened as they landed on me. "I won't go easy on you, Kynzie."

I nodded. "Yes, Sir," I murmured. When Landon didn't reply, I smacked him in the stomach. He murmured some agreement and stayed by my side.

We both moved to the front window to watch what dad would do with the wolves.

Ace:

We had followed the scent to a large, old-fashioned house. We stepped cautiously out of the woods, Caleb first and then me and Eli. My ears twitched as I heard a ton of activity going on in the house. I knew this was probably where the alpha lived and internally cringed. Our alpha had frequent parties, and it had almost become a game to see how out of control things could get. I could still hear the screaming from the last party, followed by crashing glass, and eventually one of the wolves ended up in the basement for weeks as she tried to heal from being stabbed multiple times with shards of glass.

I followed Caleb as he kept his head down, following the scent to the back door. Once he was certain that whoever the scent belonged to had gone inside, we spread out, investigating the perimeter of the house. There were so many scents surrounding the property that I started to think that they must throw parties even more frequently than our alpha did.

We made our way to the back porch again to find a fairly large man sitting on the porch swing. He'd moved so quietly that we hadn't heard him leave the house. Eli whined softly and shifted his weight in discomfort. The way this man held himself, I had no doubt that he was the alpha, and that scared the shit out of me. Caleb watched the man nervously and flinched when he got up. "Boys, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't lurk around my house." His voice was calm and quiet and I quickly dropped to the ground and whined. I wished Caleb would get the hell out of here, but I wouldn't leave my best friend to fend for himself against strangers. The man inclined his head slightly. "I'm Rylan." He leaned against the side of the house and crossed his arms over his chest. "And you are?" He looked directly at Caleb and didn't even seem to notice me and Eli standing behind him.