Megan was shocked. Someone was doing this for her? No one had ever singled her out in such a kind way, not even Logan. She slowly sat back down in her seat.

"What are you getting?" Connor asked, biting his lip in concentration.

"I-I hadn't decided." Megan stammered. "Anything you think looks good?"

"Welcome! My name is Karen and I'll be your waitress tonight." Karen swept up to the table with a huge smile, as if this were the first time she'd stopped by their table all night. "Our Chef's intern, Malcom, has prepared a lovely display for you to be able to test all of tonight's specialties." As she spoke, a man in a white chef's suit came out of the kitchen wheeling a cart full of food just as scrumptious and delicious-looking as the picture Megan had seen in the menu.

"Oh we can't- this is-"

Karen continued, ignoring poor Megan's pleas that they couldn't afford to try everything. Connor too was surprised, enough to be speechless. Karen rattled off each dish and how it was prepared, and Malcom, the intern, put a little on each of their plates to sample, all while wearing identical giant smiles. As they went on and on, Megan stopped protesting and her stomach's growls started getting louder.

"So, what'll it be?" Karen asked.

Connor and Megan, who only met ten minutes ago, looked at each other, too shocked to speak.

"Alright then, a little bit of everything!" Karen clapped her hands and Mal wheeled the cart back into the kitchen before Connor and Megan could say anything.

"Did you understand any of that?" Megan asked.

Connor shook his head, "Actually, I think I kind of did."

"You don't have to do this. I can cancel the order and we can both go home right now." Megan told him." They were the only occupied table in the only restaraunt, and Mal and Karen might be the only two employees still working."

At the same time, both their stomachs growled loudly.

"Look, if it's the cost, don't worry about it, I've got it covered. I know what it's like to get stood up. It happens with every blind date I get. The girl suddenly can't show up for some mysterious reason. Besides, I don't think either of us would be happy to leave without trying the steak. It's Mal's specialty." Connor said.

Megan simply had to agree.

Karen came out serving dish after dish, filling up the tables around the couple and refilling their glasses.

"So what do you do?"

"I'm almost done with college, I just can't decide if I want to be an engineer or a teacher."

"Two very different things."

"That's the problem." Connor chuckled. "If it weren't for my stepfather I wouldn't have made it this far. What do you do?"

"I cook. I live with my uncle and my little brother, and I bake cake and cookies and muffins for a cafe a few streets over."

"So you like food?"

"I love it. My mom was a vegetarian, so she always regulated what we had to eat. But when I had my first hamburger I was hooked."

"Was?"

"She died, about five years ago. 

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, I've adjusted. I still miss her, though. Her egg-free cake is one of my favorite recepies."

"I'll have to try it some time."

"I'd love to bake it for you."

The two laughed and talked the night away, but at midnight Karen finally told them it was time to finish up.

"Thank you so much." Megan hugged Karen tightly.

"Anytime, girl, that's just what I do."

Connor walked Megan out of the restaurant and towards her truck in the parking lot.

"I have a confession to make. I didn't just show up at the restaurant. I work there. Karen and Mal knew I'd been stood up last week and wanted to make it up to me, so they set up the two of us."

"I don't mind. I had a wonderful time." Megan said.

"Really?"

"Really." She nodded. "Now if you'll excuse me I have to get home and call my ex to tell him it's over.

Connor chuckled as she hopped in the driver's seat of her truck, already dialing Logan's number. He turned back towards the restaurant to get his things when she called after him.

"Hey! do you know how to fix a car?"

Connor thought for a moment. "Yeah, I think so. I can learn. Why?" He ran back over to the truck to help Megan down from the terrifying height.

"My engine won't turn over."

"Your ex?"

"Won't pick up. Left a simple, angry voicemail." She smiled sweetly.

"Come on, let's check it out." Connor put his arm around Megan and the two walked over to the hood of the truck. 

They cough and waved their hands to clear away the smoke that billowed out from under the hood.

"So is this like a second date?" Megan asked as they looked for the faulty piece of machinery.

Connor smiled to himself. "Only if you want it to be."

Megan grinned. "Just don't stand me up."

Just in case you guys can't tell "Logan" is my powerless AU name for La'gaan, so whenever you see that you know who he's supposed to be.

OKAY MY FIRST CUTE DATE STORY: Saturday night he was over at my place watching Harry Potter with our sisters, and we took a group selfie on his phone at the end of the night. He checked to see if it was good pic and said "Funny, I didn't put a filter on it." When I leaned over to looked at the picture (thinking he'd put some sort of snapchat filter on it) He had pulled up a picture of Batgirl and Robin high-fiving and it said "PROM?"
So now I have to find a cute, modest purple dress so I can look like Batgirl and we're all going with all our friends from church and this time I'll actually be able to have fun because my lungs won't be busted AGAIN. (though, if they hadn't been busted last time, we wouldn't have met). :)

SEND IN YOUR ONE-SHOTS!!!!!