A Million Dollars

*appears out of the void to drop a one-shot with no context and vanishes into the aether again for an unspecified period of time*

So. What did we think of Outsiders?

"I may have...ripped my pants."

M'gann rolled her eyes, but the smile on her face clued Conner in to the fact that she wasn't that annoyed. He obediently placed the torn article of clothing in her hand, and M'gann stared at the rip intensely. The fraying strings writhed beneath her glowing eyes, weaving back together again.

"We really should get you some new clothes," she said, giving the pants back to Conner.

"I like these pants." Conner stubbornly shoved his legs into his pants. They were quite old, Clark had worn them at one point, she was pretty sure. Ma Kent made Superman take very good care of his things, and so they had lasted twenty-some-odd years, but Conner could be a little more excitable than Clark.

"You don't have to get rid of them," She giggled, "If you like them that much, we could frame them."

"That's weird."

"Have Clark sign them and sell them for a million dollars on EBay." She grinned over the top of her mug as she sipped her coffee

"That's creepy," Conner's tiny little smile told her that he was slightly entertained by the idea.

She shrugged, "Could put the money to good use around here."

"We could," Conner, fully clothed now, came up behind M'gann and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"What would you do with a million dollars?" He asked her.

"Donate it to the Taos center so they can hire more counselors besides me and Dinah. What about you?"

"Well now mine sounds selfish in comparison," He snorted, pressing his nose to her cheek.

M'gann laughed, and they gently swayed back and forth. "Tell me your selfish impulse buy and I'll tell you mine."

"A new motorcycle. You?"

"A dress for the met gala."

Conner blinked. "But you can just create whatever dress you want out of thin air!"

"Yes, but that doesn't last. With a hard copy, I can keep it forever, along with all the memories."

Conner hummed, thinking through her reasoning.

"Will you buy a dress for our wedding day, then?"

M'gann smiled down at the ring on her finger. "Only if you help me pick it out."