Super-Kid

Kid Flash paced back and forth in front of the table where his comrades were seated. "So not only did Klarion have to leave us with a mess at the museum, he had to give us a three-year-old to take care of too!?"

The tiny black-haired little boy Wally spoke of crossed his arms and glared at the speedster with his blue eyes. "I'm not three, I'm four!" He protested in a childish voice, holding up four fingers in Wally's direction

M'gann was slightly taken aback at the amount of attitude packed into the shrunken-down clone. By magic, most likely, Connor's clothes had had changed to that someone of his newfound age would usually wear. He was now wearing his typical black "S" t-shirt (though it fit a bit more loosely) denim shorts, and a pair of socks and red sneakers instead of his brown work boots. For added humor, the half-Kryptonian had somehow scraped his knee when running to greet Wolf upon the team's return and sported matching band-aid on both of his knees.

"But, why four specifically?" Artemis asked.

"She's right." Robin added. "When we got Supey from Cadmus, he was, chronologically, only sixteen weeks old! Even now, he'd only be just over a year."

Everyone looked at Zatanna. "Well, I'm not sure what kind of spell Klarion used, but..." She put one hand on her forehead and extended the other one towards the tiny Superboy. "...It looks like it didn't de-age him to his real age, it only de-aged him physically."

Everyone looked at Connor, who had taken off one band-aid and was picking at the scab.

"And mentally." Wally added, muttering under his breath.

M'gann looked down to see Connor tugging on her cape. "I'm hungry."

"I call not it!" Wally shouted, running out of the room to protect his beloved stash of chicken whizzies.

One by one, the rest of the team backed down, until it was just M'gann left with the four-year-old version of her boyfriend.

Thanks a lot guys, she sent to her friends. Rolling her eyes, she looked back at her ward for the day.

"So you're hungry, huh?" She said, smiling kindly at him. Morphing into her casual "Hello Megan" outfit, she picked up a spellbound little Connor and flew down the hall after Wally.

-------

Despite the occasional outburst, little Connor was quite pleasant. He let Wally give him a piggyback ride through the cave, let Robin push him on the makeshift swingset he'd made out of stuff from the gym, let Zatanna dress him up, and ate M'gann's cookies without complaining.

Now, most of the team had gone home, and it was just M'gann and Connor left at the cave. Zatanna had been called over for an impromptu sleepover at Artemis's. Feeling slightly left out, M'gann brought Connor down the hall to his bedroom along with the Superman pajamas Black Canary had bought for their temporary situation.

"Okay Connor, do you know how to get yourself dressed?" M'gann asked.

Connor nodded.

M'gann gave him the blue-and-red PJs, "Put these on, and when you're done, let me know, and then I'll help you with brushing your teeth."

Connor obediently took his clothes and went into his room as instructed. When the door was closed, M'gann quickly shifted into her pink-and-purple flannel PJs, and waited for Connor.

"HELP!" Came the sudden shout. Using her telekinesis, M'gann threw the door open and burst into the room.

Thankfully, Connor had managed to get his pants on, but his head and arms were tangled up in his shirt.

M'gann couldn't keep from giggling at how cute he looked stuck like that, but she quickly helped him fix his shirt. Then they went to the bathroom and brushed their teeth.

"Tell me a story." Connor begged as M'gann was tucking him in.

There were no children's books anywhere in the mountain, and she didn't know many earth bedtime stories by heart, but M'gann hated to disappoint the mini-Kryptonian. Furiously wracking her brain, she decided to make up a story.

She told him the usual bedtime story. One about the prince saving the princess from a monster. Only this time, the monster was hidden inside the princess. And so, afraid of killing the princess, the prince became friends with the monster, and soon got it to stop from haunting the princess anymore.

By the time M'gann had gotten to "The End," Connor was asleep.

Now to mention it, M'gann was feeling a little sleepy herself...

------

Connor woke up. What the heck was he doing in these Superman jammies meant for a three-year-old!? He sat up abruptly, with every intention to take off the PJs and burn them before Wally or Robin found them, but stopped when he felt something on his legs.

M'gann, her red hair splayed out like a fan, had fallen asleep with her head in her arms and her arms on Connor's lap, kneeling next to his bed with a contented smile on her lips.

He allowed himself a small smile at how cute she looked, and then he gently kissed her forehead.

"M'gann, wake up," he whispered, giving her a soft nudge.

Slowly, she woke up and stretched out her arms with a yawn. She looked up at Connor, and upon realizing that he was now back to normal, she turned a deep red.

"Oh, h-hi, Connor," she whispered, putting her hands over her face to hide her embarrassment.

"What's wrong?" Connor asked, confused.

"Nothing, nothing," M'gann smiled to let him know that she was alright, "I should really go make some breakfast." She said, quickly leaving the room.

Connor stared after her with a strange look. Then he looked back at his PJs. What had happened?