Prom-posal (Version Two)

"Yes, yes!" Wendy squealed. She threw her arms around a red-face Marvin, who was so relieved he might faint as he hugged Wendy and backed into Mal, who was filming the whole thing for memories.

Megan and the rest of the cheer team applauded and congratulated Wendy while the football team congratulated Marvin, who was trying to figure out a place for photos and dinner with Wendy.

Megan sighed, wishing Connor was here with the rest of their friends. He said he had a few errands to run, but that he'd be back in time to pick her up from practice. Prom was in a little over a week, and M'gann was beginning to wonder if Connor was going to ask her.

She wondered if he just assumed that they'd be going anyway, since they were "officially" a couple. Or maybe he just didn't understand it after being raised in Cadmus, he was still confused about a lot of the aspects of Earth culture. Maybe she should ask him instead. That was what Karen had done with Mal. 

Megan smiled, thinking of all the fun, cute ways that she could ask while she changed in the back of the locker room. Her phone rang at the bottom of her duffel bag- mostly empty because she didn't need the extra change of clothes like the other girls did, being a Martian and all.

"Hi Connor!" She answered, recognizing the ring tone she'd set for him.

"Hey M'gann," She loved how bashful and shy he sounded over the phone, "I'm at the store with Wally and Robin, what color should I wear to prom?"

Megan bit her lip. "Well, I don't know, red always looks good on you, but blue matches your eyes-"

"Yeah, I know, but I wanted to match your dress. What are you wearing?" He insisted.

Wait a minute, matching

"Connor, since when are we going to prom together?" Megan asked, stopping in the middle of the parking lot.

The other end of the phone went silent for a very long time.

"Oh crap I forgot to ask you."

GARRIE I KNOW I HAVE ALL YOUR REQUESTS BUT THIS WAS TOO CUTE.