Photograph (FIFTY CHAPTERS)

I really just want to write a fanfic about Connor and Megan navigating early married life maybe with baby Marie and Clark. Who'd read that? It would be short, or at least, I'd try to keep it as such.

HAPPY FIFTY CHAPTERS!!!!

AndofcourseIwritethistocelebrate10KbutbythetimeIactuallygetaroundtowritingit,it'satover11K

Sorry this is so late! I' just finished writing a Young Justice Christmas fanfiction if any of you are interested!

(-it's got supermartian)

Loud.

If was all loud.

Marie couldn't form a coherent thought without hearing Clark's pessimism in one ear or Martin's worry in the other.

Nights like these were fairly normal for the three Kent children, but they never got easier.

"Any word?" Clark asked. Marie knew he could have used the link, but he thought it was too loud too.

"Nothing yet. Iris and Zat and Mar haven't heard anything either." She said, reloading the texts on her phone for the umpteenth time.

In despair, Marie turned off her phone and angrily shoved it in her back jeans pocket. Clark had succeeded in burning another pot of mac'n cheese, and they needed to stop it before anything could catch fire.

When the brother-sister duo had carefully cleaned up the mess, they noticed the heavy silence on their mindlink.

Particularly coming from Martin.

"Mart?" Marie asked nervously over the link. She flew down the hall to the room that Martin and Clark shared. Their panic increased when he didn't respond

A tiny white light glowed from under the door. Slowly, Clark gripped the doorknob and opened the it.

Martin sat on the floor of his room, his bright green face illuminated by the glow of Uncle Gar's computer.

"Martin!" Marie levitated the computer out of her younger brother's reach. "You know you're not allowed to snoop in other people's belongings!"

"But Uncle Gar said that I could." Martin informed her calmly and rationally.

Marie had half a mind to not believe Martin, but she handed over the computer anyway, too nervous to think. 

"What are you looking at, anyway?" Clark asked over the mindlink. He sat down next to Martin on the floor, scooting closer to get a good look at the screen.

Curiosity got the best of Marie too, and she sat down next to her little brothers.

Martin clicked an icon onscreen, pulling up a file filled with hundreds of photographs.

"Gar has an entire folder just for our parents," Martin said. He tapped the first picture, bringing up an image of their parents when they were very young, almost Marie's age.

The first picture was taken at a very odd angle, most likely from a hacked security camera in the Justice League's co-ops team's old base of operations. The kids' green-skinned mother held a cloth up to their father's cheek, trying to wipe away something that had spilled all over his shirt...and the rest of him, at a closer look.

Marie giggled. "Dad was so awkward!"

Martin scrolled through more pictures. The three of them laughed like they were on Joker venom when they watched a short clip of their parents sparring, with their mother posing as Black Canary.

"They were so happy together..." Marie thought wistfully, "I hope I'll find someone like that."

Martin leaned his head on his big sister's shoulder, and Clark wrapped his arms around his siblings.

"Don't worry, Marie. You will." Her brothers promised her simultaneously.

"Marie? Clark!"

"Martin?"

The three brothers and sister had been so distracted by the pictures, they had almost forgotten the potentially fatal mission that their parents had taken.

"Mom! Dad!" Marie screamed. Grabbing Martin's hand, she flew down the hall to the foyer. If he wasn't afraid of being grounded, Clark would have smashed through all the walls in his way to go as fast as them.

M'gann Kent fell to her knees to embrace both her sons, and Connor Kent held his daughter tightly as she kicked her legs in the air like she used to when she was little.

"I love you..."

TBH, I forgot how I was originally gonna have this end. But it's basically based off Ed Sheeran's song "Photograph". 

Deets on Martin: while he is the powerhouse of the family because he has Martian and Kryptonian powers, he is deaf. Martin's primary form of communication is telepathy when he's with his superhero friends or just with his family, but he and his family are fluent in using ASL [American Sign Language]

So who wants that new SuperMartian fanfic (it is a new year after all). It will be short, but I will write it if I get five people to say: "YES!"

Sorry it's late, and Sorry it's short. I hope you like it, though :)

~Lizardgurl

P.S.- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!