Date With Destiny (Part Two)

Connor glared at Luthor's face on the computer screen.

"I'll take the girl to prom, Luthor."

The businessman shook his head with a chuckle. "Well don't tell me, ask her!" He gestured to Kitten's image, which smirked proudly.

Connor rolled his eyes. "Kitten, was it?" He could barely keep from barfing.

"Meow," Kitten giggled, as if she wasn't annoying enough already.

Connor's eye twitched. "Right. Would you...go to prom with me?"

Kitten gasped, feigning surprise. "Why Supey! I thought you'd never ask!"

Connor quickly ended the transmission before Luthor could demand something even more outrageous and called the team.

"Are you guys okay?" He asked when he saw Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Artemis all hovering over an uncomfortable-looking Robin's shoulder.

"Yeah, the weird bug things just flew off." Wally said, taking another loud bite from his granola bar.

"Where did they go?"

"North, towards Metropolis." Artemis told him.

That confirmed Connor's sneaking suspicion. He pulled up a picture of Kitten to show his friends. 

"This is Kitten, she's got some sort of connection to Luthor, and I think he's behind these attacks."

"How do you know this hottie?" Wally asked, only to be smacked by Artemis' still-sticky bow.

"She's a manipulative jerk not worthy of Connor's time!" M'gann cut in, crossing her arms and leaning against Wolf, who seemed to be the only one sympathetic to her plight.

Connor sighed. "Miss Martian will meet up with you to find the connection."

"What of you?" Aqualad demanded suspiciously. Connor found it hard to concentrate while artemis and Wally were fighting in the background- trying to remove her bow from his head of shocking red hair.

"I can't," Connor apologized grumpily, "I have a date."

"WHAT!?"

-------

Megan shifted into the prom dress she'd always dreamed of having, spinning around in front of the mirror, pretending to dance with Connor. He was in his room right now, getting ready for Kitten's prom.

Spotting the white florist's box on her desk M'gann peeked on the boutonniere that she'd bought a month in advance

Spotting the white florist's box on her desk M'gann peeked on the boutonniere that she'd bought a month in advance. Now she'd never get to use it.

Or maybe she could...

M'gann shifted back into her Miss Martian uniform and left via zeta-tube, heading for the address Luthor had given Connor at the end of the transmission with him and Kitten. She arrived just as the first students did, boarding the boat the school had rented for their prom two-by-two.