Unfortunate Girlfriend Part 7

Strange I thought.Caleb didn't call me.I didn't talk to Tori for becoming Riley's partner. Mr Oslen's intruding talk caused headache to me. I took some sleeping pills and decided to take a short nap. Atleast this can give me beauty I thought and slept.It has become 6 in the evening, almost time. Only half an hour left to go to prom.No dress, no parlor and not even an idea how to go there and the most important thing who'll be my partner.Should I go now? I thought.If you don't you'll regret later warned my subconcious mind. How can he forget about this when he almost said he likes me. He never said those words and don't get wrong ideas said my typical mind. Didn't he want to dance with me? Or is he planning some surprise? What kind of surprise is this? Different questions popped up in my mind and unknowingly 10 minutes I've wasted.Then came a call from Riley."Did you talk to Tori?" He asked as soon as I accepted his call. I've no answer."You didn't?" He said furiously.Though it's in phone I can sense his anger and disappointment. "I forgot to.." "Oh! you must be busy with Caleb", he said interrupting me."Riley I'm sorry",I said."Need not be,I'm going to miss the Prom again and you have fun with your boyfriend", he said."I'm not going", I replied."Why?" He asked sounding confused."I was asleep and no time to get ready", I said instead of saying that Caleb ignored me to ask to be his partner."Do you want to disappoint your Caleb", he asked.I didn't answer."Okay got it. Get ready I'll bring the dress for you" he said and hanged the phone.I wonder if he brings his grandmother dress but why should I embarrass myself going with him.Caleb will be there.Everyone make fun that he dumped me and especially his friends. Meanwhile I applied light makeup and peach pink lipstick.This much makes me look cute I thought.Riley came and gave some light pink kneel length frock with white lace covering my shoulders."Where did you get this dress?" I asked him."We are already late to have conversation", he said. I grabbed that dress and rushed in. It took me another 15 minutes to getting dolled up again, this time making myself lovely.When I came out, Riley is staring at me with his wide eyes. "You.. You look stunning", he said smiling like an idiot. His expression has awestruck me a moment,and it took few seconds for us to realize that we just hold out breath to stare at each other. Riley is just like a handsome prince from a fairy tale.

"Can we go?" I said. "Yeah", he said holding my hand.We were late but it's okay still people are coming. Riley and me sat in one of the last chairs in right side wishing nobody notices us. It's boring really, no Caleb, no Tori we really felt as if we dressed up for nothing."Shall we go?" I said."Your hero may show up", he said."Nevermind", I replied. "Wait for some time,I want to see with whom Tori will turn up", he said again. Tori and Mr Oslen came as a couple to the party."Woah! How did this happen?" Questioned Riley. Mr Oslen looked handsome today maybe because standing beside Tori. And Caleb with some other girl, who is prettier than me. Few more were surrounded and they all looked great.Caleb saw me and still walked away not apologising me for not asking to be his partner.Least talk about that, he didn't even acknowledge my presence."You are handsome today", said Tori to Riley.I immediately held Riley and walked away surprising everyone."What's this?" Said Riley.Tears are rolling in my eyes. "Caleb ignored me Riley", I murmured. "He does that to everyone", he replied. "But he almost asked me", I said stressing the work 'almost'. "Don't take it seriously", he reminded. "Why wouldn't I Riley, When Mr Oslen too asked me to be his partner", I blurted out."Mr Oslen asked you too?" Asked Riley."He asked her too", said showing a girl sitting alone."And those too", he said showing some others."But why did Tori accept him when none wants to be with him", I asked doubtfully. "I don't know but how can he ask someone like you ", he said shrugging his shoulders.I was so angry and banged him with my purse."Oh! Oh! you're hurting", he said running from me.

"How did we end up like this?" Asked Riley."Tori and Caleb have disapproved us", I said. "What should we do now?" He asked. "Riley, Why did you choose to become college representative?" I asked suddenly. "Hmm! Mr Oslen proposed that it would be good for me. According to my calculations I felt it will be exciting but lately that position seems unattractive",he said. "Are you giving up?" I asked in dismay."Wish to but don't want to", he replied."Now-a-days you've speaking in more english rather than maths", I said smiling."How Am I looking today?" He asked looking into my eyes."Like a prince", I said."Like always I thought you would be ugly in that dress but you look pretty in that", he said. "I thought so but it suited me well making me look more cute", I said rolling my eyes. "Your Caleb must've seen you really close, he'll feel really bad that I've grabbed his chance", he said.Those lines were like just taken out from some book, unexpectedly hearing from Riley made me red.I just turned away to hide my blush so that I can't get caught especially to this maths nerd. "Tori must've thought the same", he said looking at the sky".Maybe she felt pinch of jealous of you standing beside me", he said again.Those words actually induced jealousy in me.Am I becoming possessive? Asked my subconscious mind. Trust your instincts said my crazy side.I'm Caleb's girlfriend said my logical mind.You're Riley's friend too said the other.You're just unfortunate girlfriend said my subconscious mind.

Don't know why Caleb ignored me and why he didn't asked me were the two things that not letting me sleep.I'm sorry, a text from Caleb, the other day suppressed all my worries and questions to ask.Finally, I got his message I shouted in my arts class.I apologized my arts teacher and walked out, literally running to watch his practice again.I found Tori again, talking to him, he's smiling and cheerful today.Don't he feel bad and expect me to hug him and accept his apology I thought.It would've been like that if it is some movie. After they finished their talk I went and sat beside him."You're here", he said smiling."So can I take that my apologies accepted", he said."Yeah", I said nodding my head."Let me take you to dinner to make it up for you", he said."Dinner?" I said louder."Hmm! only two of us", he said."Tomorrow at LivLon restaurant 8:00PM", he said."Sure", I said.

"What should I wear?"I asked my manager."Is he that handsome guy?"She asked."Yeah", I replied."Wear that white skirt you wore last time at the party", she suggested."White skirt?" I asked her."I saw in your friend's picture", she added. "Okay, that'll be good", I remarked. Expectations leave you in disappointment. It's true, since it happened.We both sat in the restaurant in silence.Don't know how to start. I wish he would complete the lines which he started the other day.But how can I ask him to continue if he wants to propose me. Don't go overboard warned my mind.So I had to shut up before I start saying anything stupid."Wish to have something better", he said and called the waiter.He ordered something to eat.That wonderful evening ended dropping me at home simply.The next day Riley was laughing at me like hell.People around us are glaring."Stop it", I said. "That was a fantastic date you have ever had", he said."It's better if you go alone or you should've called me for the company", he said mocking me."I'm happy to be with Caleb", I said covering up."Maybe but not completely", he said."Why do you calculate everything", I said."Because most of the answers are accurate", he replied."How?" I questioned. "You need to grow up to understand", he said. "Is that why she acts weird?" Asked Mr Oslen like always intruding in our conversations."Yeah", said Riley still smiling at me."I think we have to go", he reminded."Okay, I'm going", said Riley following him.