Unfortunate Girlfriend Part 6

Caleb texted me to meet at gymnasium after the practice.May be he wants to ask me to be his partner. I felt excited and happy at that thought. I just put a light makeup remembering his words.With a light hope I went there forgetting my promise to meet Tori."Thanks for coming", he said sitting beside me.He took my hand and looked into my eyes."Hmmn! do you really.." I was listening to him but my mind helped me to come up with different things.Did he call me to propose me? Asked the my typical mind. I should have come prepared I thought. When he is about to say his next words, his friends came rushing in."Riley has put some banner against us", shouted one of them.Immediately he rushed outside with them, leaving me alone.Disappointing, this is really disappointing. All because of Riley.Why is he participating in this election, that to against my Caleb? I thought.But why didn't I ask him. Immediately I called him but he didn't respond. I just walked out and saw the gathering at gallery, where he is standing on a top step and talking to everyone.In front of him stood Caleb and his friends. Mr Oslen also there and beside him Tori. Okay maybe Riley is preparing himself to show his best to Tori to impress her. That's what Tori has done at high school. One of our classmate who is handsome and good came to offer his friendship.I declined immediately sensing danger but Tori accepted it leaving me alone. Being my friend she should've stood upon my word, she just left me alone and walked away with him.After few weeks she came up with an excuse that he's not good and I'm right to decline his friendship.Some where deep down my heart I felt happy that she came back but that moment onwards I felt that she's different at her behaviour. We girls change for good and what we love but feel jealous not only for love for friendship too. Later I felt silly for thinking like that.It's not difficult to talk to her but her attitude is difficult to handle.All that announcements are not going into my head but after some time I found Caleb and Riley arguing and Tori is trying to release the grip."Both will get disqualified if this repeats", said Mr Oslen in a serious tone."Disperse", he said looking at me in the corner of the eye.

Riley followed Mr Oslen. Caleb and his friends went in the opposite direction. Tori turned and saw me raising her brow.Should I talk to her? Maybe now it's not time I thought and went to Mr Oslen where I can find Riley."It's not right", shouted Mr Oslen. "I didn't say I'm right but what I say is right", Said Riley rudely.What's he talking? I questioned to myself."He is proposing all those tricks to win", he said. Is he talking about Caleb? What's wrong with him? I thought. "Angeline, why are you here?" Asked Mr Oslen and Riley turned to see me."Just to check Riley is okay", I said innocently."He will feel better if you leave now", Said Mr Oslen. "I just... "Leave", said Riley disappointing me.Today I should mark it as a bad day in my life I thought wiping the tears.Mr Oslen came to me running when I was waiting at the bus stop."Angeline, Let me you drop you home", he said."No, Thank you I said."Then let us talk", he said holding my hand.

"So, you say that you love Caleb?" Asked Mr Oslen. Out of question, everyone knew that I like him."Yeah I do like him", I said."Do you love Caleb?" He asked again. "Be more clear Angeline, you like or you love", he asked. This time he's been more specific. "Because I felt like I can have a chance", he said surprising me."What?" I asked."Mr Oslen, what kind of a joke is this?" I asked."Hey don't misunderstand me, I thought to ask you to be my dance partner", he said."And When I asked Tori she said you can be a good choice for me", he added.Again Tori! I thought. "Mr Oslen, I seriously feel offended with your remarks", I said standing at instance."Please sit", he said."Did Caleb asked you?", he asked suddenly."He was about to ask because of his friends everything gone wrong", I said."Statistically speaking he never mentioned about that right", he said."So,Can you be my partner tomorrow?" he asked."No", I replied."There's plenty of time, he may ask me any moment", I said and went. Mr Oslen's partner? How can he ask me? I thought and turned back.Four guys wearing our college uniform beating him up. By the time I went to help him they ran away. I took him to the hospital spent the night there until he returned to his senses. He felt as if he woke up from a dream and behaved as if nothing happened, smiling greedily at me.