Ch. 34

I looked around, seeing that it was bright outside, the middle of the day. That's not right...it should be night back home right now. I was already dread tired from the trip here,

Sighing, I knocked on the door, and I heard someone rush to the door. I heard the doorknob turn, and watched as the door opened, a girl peeking out at me. The breeze blew past us, spreading her scent through the air, and it filled my nose. It was sweet, abnormally sweet for any normal person, and it had a strangely familiar quality to it, but I couldn't place it.

I was breathless for a second, partially from the smell, and also because I was shocked at how pretty she was. She was wearing shorts and a purple hoodie, her wavy brown hair in a pony tail, spilling down her shoulders. I quickly looked away before she could notice that I was staring.

"H-Hi..." She said, quietly, seeming a little scared of me, I don't know why.

"Hi..." I said, glancing at her, then back away from her. "I was told that I would be living here for a while..." I murmured, then grabbed my bag, making my way inside. I was wearing all black, and the sunlight was making me get dizzy. Once inside, I looked around at the living room. It's been so long since I had been here.

"U-um...my name is Khristi...and, you are?" She asked, following behind me, but she always stayed a couple feet behind me, trying not to get to close.

I turned to look at her, seeing her freeze in place, watching me carefully. It was cute how her face got a little red whenever I looked at her.

No. Not again. I turned, quickly making my way upstairs, then I remembered I still hadn't told her my name yet. I should at least give her that, since we would be living together for who knows how long. "Tao..." I replied as she followed me upstairs.

At the top of the stairs, I looked at the hallway, seeing all the doors just as we had left them, the rooms untouched since we went away years ago. Seeing my door to the left, I smiled, and walked over to it, going to the door at the furthest end of the hall.

Stopping in front of it, I took in the sight of the familiar door, my symbol painted neatly in black on the white wood. I raised my hand to the hourglass, my fingers lightly brushing across it. I watched as it simmered a red-violet, for once glad to be home.

"Hey..." I said, catching Khristi's attention. "I am going to unpack, so when dinner is ready, can you come get me?" I asked, then waited a few seconds for her to nod. I then opened my door and stepped inside, closing the door behind me. As I walked towards my bed, I heard Khristi sigh as she walked away.

I did the same, seeing my bag onto my bed, falling down face first onto the blanket, exhausted. "What am I doing?" I asked myself, still confused as to why I had come back here.

As I laid there, my phone started to ring, and I quickly answered. "Xiumin..." I said, and I heard a tired yawn from the other side of the call.

"You home?" He asked.

"Yeah. First one here." I sighed. "Why do you sound so tired?"

"Lay and Suho were up all day talking, I couldn't get any sleep. Those two on the other hand are still bouncing off the walls." He complained, and I smiled, glad I decided to live alone, not rooming with one of our brothers.

"You should have expected that. Everyone is excited to be back together." I said, and Xiumin sighed.

"Well, almost everyone..."

I was silent for a few seconds, then sat up on my bed, digging through my duffle bag for a small letter in pink envelope. "They are fine. I got a letter a week ago, they said that they haven't found anything on where Mee-Yon is yet, but there are gangs of vampires throughout Paris, so she must be close." I explained.