Ch. 10

Suho's P.O.V.

We had just finished putting up magic barriers in the entire house, and were all sitting on the couch in the living room, exhausted.

"I'm tired..." Chanyeol complained, stretching out on the end of the couch where he sat.

"Then go to sleep." Baekhyun sighed. "In your room." He added, knowing Chanyeol would sleep where he sat if he were allowed to. Then again, all of us probably would right now. Placing all those barriers took a lot out of us.

Chanyeol sighed, and stood up, but something caught his attention. We watched as he got on his hands and knees and grabbed something from just under the couch. "Isn't this Khristi's book?" He asked, holding up a thick. black, hard cover book.

"I think so...what's it doing down here?" I wondered, and Tao stood.

"She was probably reading it before she fell asleep." He says, yawning. Then he started heading towards the stairs. "I'm going to go to bed. See you at breakfast." He said, and started climbing up the staircase.

"Hey." Chanyeol called out, and Tao turned back towards us. "Stop by her room and give this to her." He said, and tossed the book over to Tao.

Tao caught it effortlessly, and silently climbed the stairs, disappearing down the left side of the hall. Just as he left, Luhan's french friend came downstairs, smiling. "Hello." She said, cheerfully, as if she knew something we didn't.

She walked over to Luhan and Kris, who sat on the far end of the couch, giving Kyungsoo a smile as she passed him. "So," she began, speaking to Luhan and Kris. "Want to go get something to eat? I'm starving, but I don't know where the kitchen is yet." She asked.

"I'm too tired, so I'm heading to bed, but you can go with Luhan." Kris said, standing up, stretching as he did so.

"You're not the only one who's tired, Kris." Luhan sighed.

"I'll take her." Kyungsoo said, and we kind of just looked at him. Where did that come from?

"Okay." She smiled, and grabbed his hand, pulling him up from the couch. I tried not to laugh when I saw his face when she did, it looked like he was turning into a cherry, his face a bright red.

He led her out of the living room and down the hallway to the kitchen, leaving us all smiling.

"Well, this is going to be interesting." Baekhyun said, and stood, followed by the rest of us.

"I bet." Chen laughed, then a serious look came over his face. "But we can't let it happen...Khristi is one thing, but Natasha...she can't know about us." He sighed.

"You'll never know, she could have some part in all of this." Kris smiled, and headed upstairs, Luhan following after him, also smiling.

"See you at breakfast." Luhan said, then the two went down the hall in opposite directions, to their long unopened rooms.

"They know something." I sighed. "And it's going to come around and bite us eventually."

"Well, hopefully we can get a good nights rest before then." Chanyeol said, patting me on the shoulder, then made his way upstairs.

Eventually, we all made it upstairs and into our rooms, other than Kyungsoo who was still with Natasha. I was exhausted, so I passed out in no time.

..........

I was pulled from sleep by the alarm on my phone, the ringing from under my pillow not ceasing to annoy me. I groaned, and rolled out of bed, turning off the alarm, and quickly got dressed. I then shuffled downstairs, sleep still lingering around me.