Ch. 6

Tao's P.O.V

Khristi was light in my arms as I carried her; not that I was expecting anything different. I could hear her shallow breathing, and her heartbeat was weak, which made me fear that I didn't get to her in time.

The taste of her blood lingered on my tongue, and I had to bite my lip to keep from taking some from her. I barely had enough control to finish healing the deep gashes in her neck, so if I lost it now, I wouldn't be able to stop.

I quickly made my way upstairs, and was about to put her in her room, but that was too close to Suho's. He just feed off of her, and despite coming to his senses, he could relapse and try again, possibly killing her this time.

"Kyungsoo, go check on Suho. I'm going to keep her in my room tonight, just in case he looses it again." I said, and watched as Kyungsoo turned and went to Suho's door. Once he was inside, I sighed.

"Baekhyun, can you hold my door for me?" I asked, and he looked over at me. Then he glanced down at Khristi, his jaw set. He nodded and quickly opened my bedroom door, then left before I could ask him to stick around any longer. Eventually, only Xiumin and I were left, everyone else not in control of themselves enough to trust being around Khristi.

"Set her on the couch, I need to check if Suho got any of his venom in her." Xiumin said, and I set her carefully down on the vintage loveseat. I went to pull away, but her hands were clutching my wet shirt. I sighed, and sat beside her, not wanting to wake her up if I tried to get her to let go. She needed to sleep...Suho had taken too much blood from her.

I watched as Xiumin examined the bite, checking for any discoloration that venom causes, and thankfully he found nothing. After checking for the other signs of being turned, he bandaged her neck. Even though I temporarily stopped the bleeding, she could tear open the seal and start to bleed again.

"Should I ask about that, or no?" Xiumin asked, and nodded towards Khristi.

I glanced down at her, and my eyes traced along her left collarbone. The first symbol that was there was Luhan's, mine directly after his. The two of them were black, unlike the new symbol that had etched itself into her skin. Suho's was a bright blue, showing that he had fed off of her. I suddenly felt disgusted just thinking about how he just attacked her.

"She's a descendant of Mee-Yon...but we already knew that. They smell exactly the same." I began, glancing down at Khristi as she slept. "Suho and I noticed this when we first arrived, and we discussed it after everyone went to their rooms later that evening. While we were talking, we heard her shout my name, and we ran upstairs. We found Mee-Yon's magic surrounding her, so I took her over to Suho's room and we watched over her until morning. We put her back in her room after sealing it off from Mee-Yon's reach, and we kept an eye on her since then..."

"And you started to fall in love with her." Xiumin said out of nowhere.

I looked across the room, avoiding his knowing gaze, and cleared my throat. "After dinner, she came to my room. She found a necklace with my symbol on it. Luckily she didn't know what it was, or else I would have wanted to die then and there." I continued. "So I ended up giving it to her and then sent her to her room. Suho saw her running back to her room, and came over to see what it was all about."

"And you told him?" Xiumin said, glancing up at me, giving me a look as if I were stupid.

"No, you idiot. I don't want to die any time soon." I sighed. "I told him that she was worried about him, since he was 'sick' and all. Then I went and laid down and was reading for an hour or so until I heard her yell out Luhan's name."

"How do you think they are doing?" Xiumin asked, looking down at the floor.

"Kris and Luhan are fine." I reassured him, along with myself. "They will be home soon." I hope.