6.4

She's still here

Michael's POV

The pen fell out of my shaking hands as the tears fell into the paper. The salty tears mixing with the black ink creating a smearing mess of various blues, reds and  purples.

Where did you go mother? What made you turn so cold, so vile that you turned against you're own family? What made you decide that you would decide when you'd take your final breath?

Questions filled my head. Overwhelming me as the room seemed to grow smaller, the walls closing in around me. Trapping me within these walls.

That's when I saw her.
Dangling from the ceiling, head bent forward as she slowly twirled over towards me. The grin on her face, the happiness that twinkled in her once youthful eyes sent a chill down my spine.

"Michael, darling what's wrong? Come join mummy. It's amazing here. You can be free, you can be happy, we can be a family again"

I stared at her for a second, looking around to make sure I wasn't imagining things. By the time I turned back She was gone. The only thing in her wake was the rope. It swung slowly back and forth, almost tempting me as I walked towards it.

We can be a family again mikey.

Her voice whispered from nowhere in particular. My hands wrap around the rope, delicately as if it was just a single strand.

Everything will get better.

I dunno if it's my mother, or the voices in my head. Perhaps both as I put my head through the loop, hands no longer shaking.

I made my decision as the chaos in my head finally ceased. Looking out the window, I saw the moon and the stars. And witg a smile on my face I make my choice.

I jumped.