Chapter 4: but they come back ..

Still standing against the tree holding it firmly as I listened to every word they said. "I hope that there will be no misunderstandings and everything will go back to normal" the old man said as I nodded and walked away. My face shocked as if someone just hit me with a pan on my face. I walked faster and faster as I panicked again right when I felt that I was far away enough to the point that I was on the other side of the forest. Something grabbed my wrist gently as I stopped in my tracks. Fear taking over my body as I start to panic. "I'm sorry." I heard the familiar voice say as I turned my face around slowly. "For what?" I asked confused. "For everything." He paused in his words and continued "for treating you badly, for how I made your high school life miserable and also for scaring you five minutes ago" he chuckled at his last words as he looked down. "It's okay." I simply said as he looked at me confused. "What? You're not going to make a paragraph of how you felt all this time?" He said raising a brow. "Nope" I simply said back. "You're complicated. You know that?" He said chuckling. I felt like I needed to reply to his comment to actually explain everything."it's not that I'm complicated. It's that this is high school and well this is your last year and then your off to your other studies. High school is different. Honestly I take high school as a life lesson on how to not trust people, not to judge them by there looks and even how life has its own problems." I said shrugging my shoulders as he stared at me. "So you take high school as a life lesson? I take it as a nightmare full of homework." He said. "That's because you're not opening your eyes to understand other people. Maybe if you focus and see through people you would understand." I said back. "What do you mean?". He said as I was getting annoyed by his comments. "I mean that every person in that school has problems and they are learning how to deal with them alone." I said back. "You have an amazing way of seeing things." He said smiling. "You give them a meaning" he said again as I looked at him and smiled as I said my last words."life is full of mysteries you'll never discover them if you don't discover the meanings." I said as he smiled to my words. I walked away without looking back. Without seeing his face one last time to see his reaction or to actually discover him. He remains a mystery to me as I'm still trying to open the cover of his book.
That night I walked back home as I kept thinking about the forest. People might be afraid if they were in my place at this moment. They wouldn't think for a moment that they would ever talk to a person with a gun ever again because they're afraid. I'm afraid but I'm not going to stay away. I don't have a reason. I can't judge them. They might be training because they have a reason. It could be a good one or even a bad one. But that question is for me to figure out. As I walk through my front door my mom rushes to see me."where have you been! You had me worried sick." She said worried. "Mom I'm okay I just went for a walk." I said giving her a smile to reassure her. She suddenly hugged me tight. "You're the only person I have left I don't want to lose you." She cried. My mom, just like all of us has her own story and history too. We all do. Some of us are discovering the stories that are yet to be figured out and some of us aren't thinking about the future written for us. But one thing we all have in common is curiosity. We all want to know what will happen in time. Will we be successful, will we find true love, will we have a good future, will we get accepted in our favourite university's or will we even be alive to discover what the world has left for us. We ask ourselves questions everyday that only our past and future can answer. People say that the future is unclear. True. But to me my past is unclear. You may ask yourselves why?. Because so many lies have been told and so many things were said and forgotten but the only people that know the truth. We can't see. That night I went to sleep tomorrow is Saturday so I don't have any school. After a little bit of tossing and turning I figured that I couldn't sleep. It was 3:00 am and I was still awake. I couldn't get my mind to relax from my thoughts. I decided to go out and relax my mind. The only place that I could think of is the forest I always go to. I know some people might think it's a bad idea but I know what I'm doing. I put on some jeans and a shirt. I went out the front door grabbing my black jacket before I went out. I walked down the street and into the forest. The street we live in is very quite not many people live there. I placed my foot on the wet and muddy ground of the forest making my black boots all wet and muddy. I walked to my special rock where I laid on my back and looked at the stars above. Without knowing I drifted asleep.

I felt something shaking me as I opened my eyes slowly to see myself on a rock. I suddenly remembered that I slept out. I texted my mom to let her know that I'm okay so when she wakes up she wouldn't freak out. The sun was out and I looked at my phone clock. 11:00 am. I looked at the person behind me and saw someone unexpected. Blake. "Didn't expect to see you this morning." He said raising a brow. "I fell asleep last night on the rock" he looked at me with a confused look. I don't blame him. "So you ran away?" He said raising a brow. Not to mention the smirk. "No ..I just came for some fresh air and fell asleep" I glared at him. "Sorry I woke you up." He said smiling, holding out his hand to help me get up. I got up and straightened my cloths and fixed my hair. "You're cute" he said chuckling. I smiled at his comment. "Thanks." I simply said smiling. "You're blushing." He said chuckling again. I felt embarrassed and looked down trying to hide my face. He chuckled again and place his finger under my chin. He raised my head up that made me look at him as he said "don't hide. I'm trying to discover you." I smiled as he continued "someone told me that it's good to discover stuff." I smiled at his comments.