"You know I had to protect her." Harry turned his gaze on the tall window in front.

"But still, I believe that what you did was a full act of idiocy Potter. Miss Granger.. Or rather Mrs. Malfoy." The headmistress instantly noticed how Harry's Adams apple move up then down, he ran his fingers on his jet black hair but refuse to say a word. "She's a married woman, you must take responsibility on your actions. You know your place now and believe me, although it hard for me to admit, because I was hoping before that you'll end up with her, you have to let her go. I mean you have to let your feelings for her go."

"You don't have to remind me professor, but to be honest I'm still working on that part. Don't worry I won't cross the line." Harry glanced at her as a thin weak smile formed on his lips.

McGonagall returned the smile to him, there's a moment of silence before she stood and tapped him by the shoulder. "I'm so proud of you Potter, and I will always be." She said in her soft voice.

"I'll considered that one of my greatest achievement in life professor." The headmistress threw him another sympathetic look before walking back to the hall. Harry was left alone once more, he's not planning to return in the party anyway.

He get his wand from his pocket and scanned it carefully, the fact that this was the thing he used to modify Hermione's memory was enough to make his heart tightened again. Harry felt the burning sensation at the back of his eyes, the more he tried to resist it, the more it gets fucking painful.

He gulped for the countless times as the single tear slowly fell from his eyes down to the tip of his nose and dropped on his hand. Harry heard a coming footsteps, it's slowly walking closer to him. He pretend to push his glasses on his nose bridge to secretly wipe his tears.

"I-I'm fine professor, really. I just wanna stay here for a while." He mumbled without lifting his head.

"Harry Potter, right?" Came a voice that so familiar, he don't have to look to know who it was. But he did, their eyes met each other, he stared through her hazel pupils that was like a mirror from the past. Hermione just smiled and sat next to him, Harry moved a bit to give her much space than necessary.

"Almost all people there were talking about you, they're a bit disappointed that you hadn't showed up. Ron told them that you can't make it, call of duties he said." Hermione rocked her feet back and forth, she spoke so comfortable right now.

Harry glanced at her, he just want her to talk. He love to hear her voice over and over again, it's like a music to his ears. "They're also constantly asking me about you and everything. I dunno what to say, thanks to Draco, he's always there to save me. He made an excuse to get rid of them." She continued.

Her words just stabbed him right in the chest again, why can't she just tell him how her life goes after the past three years without including Malfoys name? All he need was those information about her, not anyone else.

"I'm just curious..." Hermione then stiffened her back , Harry could see from the corner of his eyes that she's already staring at his face. "I can't remember anything about you to be honest, but those people acting like you're a best friend of mine. Like I've spent eight years of my life with you."

Harry lifted his head and turned his gaze, meeting her eyes once more. If only she knew that indeed she had spent eight years of her life with him. That he's not just a best friend but far more than that. If only she knew..

"You can speak, you know." Hermione said softly. She clutched her bandana tightly on her chest.

How could he explain it to her? He couldn't deny now that he's afraid that Hermione will ever discovered about what he did. He's afraid that she might loathe him to the core because he had planted a false memory in her brain. And if ever she remembered him again then it will just make the situation worst, given that she was married to a man she don't even love.