Chapter 58

My mind was blank.

I couldn't believe this was happening, it all seemed so surreal.

My grocery bags fall to the floor with a low thump as I stare directly at a learning Alexander.

"Holy crap." I gasp out.

Hearing my voice, Alexander's taut and tense face loosens up into a smile as he laughs out lightly.

"Surprise." He mumbles.

My eyes were wide and my mouth hung low as I try to process everything going on.

The tears welling in my eyes continue to stay there as I take one step forward and then another till I finally step over the huge circle of flower petals and try to not be clumsy especially near the candles.

I'd probably set the house on fire.

"Alexander?" I ask hesitantly.

"Nora Davis," he starts out then exhales a shaky breath.

It almost seemed as if his hands were trembling lightly but it was probably just the flickering of the lights from the candle dancing around and creating ominous shadows.

"Ever since I first laid eyes on you, I thought you were the most annoying, clumsy, and awkwardest freaking person out there."

Well that was touching.

"But I also knew that there was something special, something intriguing about you. I uh I- fuck I forgot." He rambles out.

The tears I had held back slowly start to make their way down my face as my shoulders shake with so many emotions.

Laughter bubbles out of my mouth at his words as I raise a shaky hand to wipe the tears but there's so no point as more just keep following.

"Okay yeah um, I may not have loved you from the get go, but when you spilt all that coffee on me all those months ago I knew that the awkwardly clumsy Nora that seemed pretty dense," seeing my blank face Alexander starts laughing lightly before continuing once again, "basically what I want to say is that I know this might be to soon, I mean we've only known each other for a few months but everything I do feels so right with you, every fibre of my being resonates with happiness and love when I'm with you and apparently I also turn into a sap but that's what you do to me Nora, you mean so much to me and I know you're the one so Nora Davis, will you do me the greatest honour? Will you marry me?"

I take in a deep breath as love and happiness consumes me, I feel so overwhelmed with all these emotions as I look into the face of the man I love.

Trying to inhale as much air as humanly possible, I breathe in and out slowly.

Do I say yes?

Of freaking course I will, I snap back at my conscious.

Great now I'm talking to myself.

"Nora I love you but you're freaking me the fuck out and my legs fallen to sleep so please say yes." He quickly scrambles out, words running into one another.

Shaking my head, I fall out of my shocked state and quickly nod my head.

"Yes, Alexander of course I will." I say as more tears stream down my face.

Where were all these tears coming from?

That was my last thought as Alexander stands up and pulls me into a hug.

I wrap my arms around him tightly as we both shake with excitement, love and happiness.

Stepping back, he firmly placed his lips on mine as we both kiss each other passionately.

The kiss holds all the love we have for each other and excitement for the future to come.

"Put the freaking ring on her you idiot." Comes a voice from behind.

Turning around, nearly everyone I know stands there.

The whole of my family stands there along with Alexander's, Sarah was the one who had spoken up and looking beside her I was surprised to see Candice an Caleb also.

Laughing in delight, Caleb winks at me and blows a kiss while Candice giggles in delight.

Stella and Abby both looked teary eyed as they leaned against one another.

"Oh yeah." Alexander mumbles as he steps away from me, reopening the little blue navy box, I inhale shakily as he takes out the gorgeous ring I had fallen in love with on first sight.

Pressing his forehead to mine, Alexander kisses me lightly once more on the lips as he grasps the delicate ring in between his fingers, taking my hand in his, he gently eases the ring onto my finger, the cool smooth metal creating a nice, comforting contrast against my flushed skin.

"Oh shit wait." He mumbles as he pulls it off again.

"I wanted this to be special you know, especially after I've been such an asshole to you with this whole engagement issue so," he stops as he turns the ring over, showing me the interior edge of the ring, squinting my eyes, I could just barely make out the inscribing done on the metal.

~forever yours 10-09-2016~

"I can't seem to stop crying." I groan out while Alexander laughs and wipes the tears away with the pads of his thumbs.

Slipping the ring onto my finger once more I can't help but to feel complete as I look at the diamond glittering brightly in the candle light.

"Oh my gosh, I'm going to cry." Candice squeaks out as everyone comes to hug me.

My dad goes and clasps him on the back muttering something to him in his ear.

David and Sandra both hug me.

David pulls me back slightly and mumbles a 'welcome to the family' while Stella squeals and says something about always wanting a sister.

Everyone congratulates Alexander and I one by one.

Caleb pulls me into a deep hug, lifting my feet from off the ground, putting me back down, he looks at me pouting.

"And here I thought I might just have a chance with him."

Laughing I shake my head at him.

Alexander once more pulls me into him from behind as we all converse, the both of us feeling elated from what just occurred.

I turn around and kiss him on the cheek, grinning wildly.

"I was so worried Candice wouldn't be able to stall you for long." He says.

"Oi, I did a fabulous job and yes I am still expecting that raise." She jokes at Alexander.

Slowly all the dots connect as to why he had made me wear a dress and was so urgent to get me out of the house, also the coincidence of me meeting Candice at the shop.

Suffice to say that girl could not act but I still fell for it.

Leaning into Alexander, I can't help but to feel on top of the world as I slowly run my finger over the top of my engagement ring while looking at everyone.

This was without a doubt, the best day of my life.

------------
AN: Hope all of you like this chapter, sorry it's not edited like the last chapter. Okay so I need suggestions for Aloras book name? Any names? Ideas? And anyone who can make me covers? PM me or something, it'd be really appreciated. Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share