Chapter 23

After what seemed like ages I finally managed to calm down.

My body stopped shaking, my eyes stopped tearing up and slowly I started to hold back the sobs until they dissolved away themselves.

All the while Alexander moved his arm up and down my back in a soothing manner.

"Shh." Whispered Alexander as he held me close to him.

I tighten my hold on him and slowly my fuzzy thoughts start to clear up.

Only now does this whole situation hit me.

I will have to tell Alexander.

Even though my whole being went against it I know I couldn't not just tell him.

He deserved to know. Especially when he stood up for me.

Releasing a shaky breath I take a small step back, creating some distance between us.

Alexander still doesn't let me go and raises his hand to gently stroke my cheek.

He removes the somewhat dried up tears with the pad of his thumb from my cheek.

Grabbing my hand, he tugs me over to the two seater couch situated in the corner of his office.

I sit down and he places himself down right next to me.

I stare at him, something still holding me back from telling him.

He gives me an encouraging look and grabs my hand firmly in his as he gently starts to stroke it.

Gathering enough courage I stare past Alexander and begin.

"As you've already figured out I used to work for Sam in his company for a few years. Over those years I slowly started to make my way higher in the company until I was his secretary. He had both a secretary and a personal assistant. I didn't used to talk much to him, just merely did my work and moved on."

I stop, taking in a breath as Alexander squeezes my hand in encouragement. Looking directly at him, he smiles at me.

So I continue.

"For some reason Sam started talking to me and not just about work related stuff, he would ask me personal questions whether I had a boyfriend or not and things like that. I just thought he was being friendly, incredibly naive of me I know. Out of the blue Sam came into the office and asked me out, I didn't want to mix business with pleasure and all that so I declined. He took it as sort of a mission of his to get me to agree to go out with him. I denied his constant requests and merely continued being friends with him. One day after nearly everyone in the building had gone home, I had stayed back finishing some of my work up, I didn't even realise Sam was there."

At my words a scowl crosses Alexander's face and he looked livid and consumed by rage.

"What the hell did he do Nora." Growls out Alexander.

"He um he called me into his office and started to flirt with me. I declined like I always did but this time my reaction angered him, he wouldn't take no for an answer."

My voice cracks on the last word but I manage to go on "I tried to get him off of me but he was too strong. He wouldn't budge, he nearly um tried to you know but luckily at that moment the secretary barged in. She caught us and that stopped him but somehow Sam got to her and they both spread the rumour that I was sleeping with both the heads of the company and that Sam apparently refused to have sex with me and so I forced myself on him but he stopped me and fired me."

Thankfully by the end of all that I hadn't burst into tears and ended up a sobbing hot mess.

During my talking I hadn't been looking much at Alexander more like staring into the distance.

He looked broken.

Like he had gone through what I had.

The pain flashing in his eyes as he looked at me with such sorrow had my own heart clenching.

Alexander gently grabs a hold of me and pulls me into a hug.

I hug him back just as tightly, seeking his comfort.

Pulling back after a little while I stop as he still doesn't let me go.

"If I let you go right now I'll probably run after that son of bitch and strangle him with my own hands. You're the only thing keeping me sane." He huffs out, his voice coming out weird as he clenches his jaw.

After a little while he lets go.

I smile up at him, in a better mood now as if a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I felt ten times lighter now that I had told someone of what had happened rather than keeping it bottled up inside of me.

"The worst things happen to the best people." He murmurs.

I playfully scoff trying to get rid of the tension in the room.

"I'm hardly the best person out there."

Alexander smiles and places a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Oh but you are Nora, you're so perfect. You have hundreds of men falling at your feet and you don't even know it." Alexander says smiling wistfully.

"Oh really who?" I say in a teasing slightly bewildered voice.

"I could name one person right now, one who's falling for you fast and hard."

Smiling shyly at him I just laugh lightly, going along with his teasing.

"I'm sure, you do."

Placing one last kiss on my forehead Alexander stands up and gives me his hand to help me stand as well.

"I'm sorry about your investment by the way." I utter out slowly, feeling guilty for the loss that came because of me.

"Don't you dare apologize Nora, if I'd have known what he had done I'd have never let him step one foot not only in this office but even within a hundred yards of you." He says fiercely.

I nod my head, grateful at him.

"Promise me something Nora."

I slowly nod my head for him to continue.

"Promise me that no matter what happens, you will always tell me whenever something goes wrong or even if it's something as simple as being scared at night. Tell me and I'll be there for you".

Being taken aback at his abrupt words I nod my head and go closer to him to kiss him on the cheek before I leave with a thank you.

I smile at myself.

Looks like I have my very own personal Superman.

--------

AN: Yup, most of you probably already guessed that had happened lol. Hope you liked this chapter. Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share