Chapter 29

Placing his hand on my lower back, Alexander leads me into the reception area of the restaurant where a man stands behind a pedestal.

"Welcome and how may I help you?." The man says kindly, looking from me to Alexander.

Alexander's grip on my waist slightly increasing as he replies back.

"We have a reservation under the name of Alexander James."

The man's eyes widen in alarm before he quickly nods his head and grabs two menus.

"Please follow me sir."

What was that all about?

As we walk into the main area of the restaurant I see everyone looking at us.

Well by us I mean Alexander.

The women all look at him like they want to devour him and that certainly doesn't sit well with me.

I try to glare at some of them without Alexander noticing but I seemingly fail as he presses me further into his side.

The man leads us to table in the corner, next to the window for which I am grateful.

He places both the menus on each side of the table before smiling at us and telling us that our waiter will be with us in a moment and with that he quickly walks away, back to his post.

I go to sit down at my seat but am stopped as Alexander tugs me to face him.

I frown in confusion as he looks somewhat angry.

Before I can ask him what's wrong, he pulls me closer to him and slams his lips down on mine.

I stand still, shocked but as Alexander bits on my lower lip I comply and kiss him back.

We both part and my face flushes as some people stare back at us with astonished looks on their faces.

Still not letting me go, Alexander pecks me on the lips once more.

"That'll teach them for staring  at you." He says with a clenched jaw.

"Eh?" I spill out unintelligently.

"The men were staring at you." He says as he pulls out my chair and motions for me to sit down before placing himself in his own seat.

Thanking him, I scoff in disbelief.

"Me? Yeah right. All the women were staring at you like they've never seen a man before." I say in contempt, still eyeing some of the women.

Alexander smiles a charming smile as he grabs a hold of my hand.

"I only have eyes for you babe." He says as he winks at me.

Blushing bright red in the face, I simply nod and grab the menu, pretended to understand half the dishes that were written on it.

The waiter comes and asks for our order and almost as if seeing my apprehension Alexander orders for me.

"Thanks" I say and he nods.

Stroking his thumb against my hand, a warm feeling runs through me.

"I've told you how beautiful you look tonight right?" He says.

I nod, knowing my cheeks won't be cooling down anytime soon.

All throughout the date Alexander had been the definition of a gentleman.

We both swapped stories of our childhoods and I learnt quite a lot about him.

He told me of how his parents were always busy working abroad. His father an entrepreneur quite like Alexander while his mother had her very own boutique.