Chapter 5

Waking up bright and early today, I once again beat my alarm which thoroughly surprises me since that only happens once in a blue moon and now here I waking up before time everyday.

Shrugging out of bed I go into my bathroom to do my daily routine which consists of me taking a shower and brushing my teeth.

I change into my work attire which again consisted of a pencil skirt and a button up shirt with a pair of high heels.

I do my make up and walked into the kitchen to have my breakfast.

Surprisingly today I had woken up in a good mood.

I vow to myself that I will not let anything bring my day down, especially a 6 foot something heavenly looking man.

I would have a good second day of work.

With that mantra playing in my head I set out of my apartment, hailing a cab and going to work.

*****
Getting out of the cab I quickly rush up to the finance floor and straight to my desk placing my handbag there.

I turn around and am greeted with a beaming Candice who's coming out of Jeff's office.

We greet each other like giggling school girls and then hug as if we haven't seen each other in years.

I quickly walk down the small hallway to Jeff's office to say hi and show him I'm here.

"Good morning Jeff" I say cheerily.

"Morning hun, why are you so happy this early in the morning" he says smiling across from me, sitting at his office desk.

"No reason. I'm going to go and pop over to the coffee shop, do you want anything?".

"Coffee, black, no sugars please".

Nodding my head, I go back to my desk, grabbing my handbag as I ask Candice what she wants as well before heading out of the building to the little coffee shop across the road.

Hugging out a breath, I mutter out 'excuse me's' here and there, finally being able to push past all the people in shop.

Apparently nearly everyone from all the different buildings come here to grab a coffee and what not before heading into work.

Keeping a firm hold on the cardboard tray and the coffees, I quickly cross the road and over to the other side.

Glancing at my watch I see I've nearly taken a whole twenty minutes just to go and get the coffee.

Mentally cringing I somewhat sprint to the glass doors, trying not to fall over in my heels.

Too focused on me not falling head over heels, I fail to see the person coming towards me in the same manner, rushing.

Everything happens in a split second.

One minute I'm heading towards the glass doors of the lobby, within reach and the next I'm slamming into a hard, firm wall.

"Shit, I'm so sorry. I was in a rush a-".

Abruptly looking to my hand I see the tray missing one cup.

Looking towards the wall in front of me and towards what was once a crisp white clean shirt.

Which now was not so white, smeared a dark brown colour.

Cringing I look up, towards the owner of the shirt and once again cringe so hard I think I might look constipated.

Dread washes over me as the person snaps at me.