Chapter 27

Lying down on the sofa, I groan as I flip through the channels once more.

Absolutely nothing was on television tonight and I was dying of boredom.

Here I was, on a Saturday night, lying in my seat on the sofa, with absolutely nothing to do.

This is apparently what my life had come to.

Who am I kidding, my life was always like this.

Monotonous and bleak.

That is until Alexander came into my life.

A groan escapes past my lips as my mind wanders to him.

It always does in the end, no matter how hard I try for it not to.

Just the thought of what had progressed in his office the day before leaves me a hot mess.

Whenever I'm around him I feel like a silly schoolgirl with a crush, but the thing is that I don't mind.

I'm happy with the way things are.

Neither Alexander nor I have discussed our relationship, if you could even call it that.

After our numerous kisses here and there, we both parted ways and went back to working individually.

And that was that.

We hadn't seen each other since then and didn't discuss the issue any further.

To be honest I was scared.

I only ever had my first ever real boyfriend in college and we barely even progressed into getting serious before we both called it quits and knew it was better to be friends than anything else.

I didn't even know if Alexander wanted a serious relationship or not.

Maybe he just wanted to have a little fun.

I wasn't the girl for that sort of thing and he definitely knew it.

Maybe that's why he never said anything else afterwards.

Maybe he just wanted a release from some pent up tension.

The thought made my stomach twist in painful knots and churn uncomfortably.

I'm just working myself up.

It's probably completely nothing.

What scared me the most though was that in the beginning I simply wanted to focus on my work and that's it but now I can't even focus on that because of Alexander being near me all the time.

Even if he's not there physically, he still lurks in the corner of my mind making me think of all the possibilities that could pan out into play.

Just the sound of his name left me all giddy like and I knew that to me he just wasn't my incredibly handsome boss anymore.

Why couldn't everything just be easier and I could just live my life out with ten or more cats.

The rumbling of my stomach finally makes me get up from the sofa where I then head over into the kitchen.