Chapter 13

Mentally rolling my eyes for the hundredth time this hour I reassure Alexander once again that I am completely fine.

"It's nothing honestly. I don't even have a headache" I say softly hoping it will sit and stay in his mind but alas no hope.

"No you're not you need stitches" he replies back in a stern voice.

I sigh and just wait for the doctor to come.

It was around six in the morning when we arrived at the hospital and there were still so many people around.

Doctors were running through the wards and people lined the hallways, some were sitting down in chairs while others were pacing back and forth waiting for loved ones to be announced safe and well.

We had to wait in the waiting room for quite some time but it was understandable.

Only Alexander didn't seem to understand.

Finally we were ushered into a small cubicle type place with a light blue curtain separating us from the people next to us.

I was sitting on the small uncomfortable bed while Alexander still paced backwards and forwards as we waited for the doctor or nurse to arrive.

Finally the curtain slides back and a smiling green eyed, red haired doctor smiles up at us.

She looks from me to Alexander and then comes over to me.

"Good morning. I'm Dr. Cosins. I'll be treating you today" she says beaming.

"Okay so which one of you love birds need help" she questions as she already knowing the answer comes over to me.

Lovebirds?

What?

With a blazing face I try to stutter out "oh n-no we're no-" but get cut off as Alexander wanders closer and says "Nora does".

I look up at him with a question look on my face but he doesn't meet my gaze.

The doctor frowns at the wound above my eye as she slips her gloves on.

She prods at it while I wince in pain.

She asses the wound some more before announcing "she needs stitches".

Oh hell no.

I am not getting stitches.

I mean it can heal on its own right?

"I thought so" musses a thoughtful Alexander as if he was a doctor himself.

Not listening to my pleads of not getting the stitches, the doctor assures me that it doesn't hurt much and that I have nothing to worry about.

*********

"Are you still grumbling about the stitches?" asks Alexander clearly amused as he starts up his car.

"She lied to me" I say sourly.

It hurt like a little bitch.

"It wasn't that bad" he says almost laughing now.

"Have you ever even had stitches?" I question him.

"Nope" he answers back calmly.

I roll my eyes at him once again and then suddenly remember he had called me to his house for a reason.

I somewhat turn in my seat to face him so I can ask him the question on my mind.

"Why did you call me all of a sudden?".

Seeing the confusion on his face I clarify.

"You called me early in the morning to your house for a reason. Why?". I ask him, phrasing my question better.

"Oh" he says looking over at me then quickly shifting his gaze to the road.

"I needed you to grab a file for me" he says not looking at me.

"But you were already there at the house. You could've gotten it yourself?" I question, completely befuddled.

"Yeah but I needed to go somewhere else afterwards and that needed to be sent today" he answers back sounding somewhat annoyed now.

I nod my head not wanting to say anything to annoy him further.

We reach the building soon after our conversation and we both part ways as he goes into his office while I go and sit in the small separate room next to the receptionist for that specific floor.

We barely talk to each other.

I tried my best once or twice to have a decent conversation with her but every time she just used to answer me in clipped short answers.

To hell with her then.

Now we just merely said our hellos and that's that.

An hour goes by when the telephone at my desk makes a noise, startling me out of going through Alexander's work email to file the important things away and what not.

Noticing the little red button beeping that connected to Alexander's line, I quickly pick up.

"Come in now Nora" he snaps and then hangs up.

I stand up and stretch a little as my leg starts to cramp, ignoring the weird looks I get from the receptionist.

Heading into Alexander's office without knocking, as he told me to do so, I watch him signal for me to wait.

I do so as he finishes writing something.

He beckons me further with a stern look on his face.

Did I do something wrong?

I rack my brain for various things I could have done but come up blank.

Alexander motions for me to sit down and says, "you never had breakfast".

That's what this was all about?

How did he even know that? Oh right the doctor asked me before she stitched the cut.

I just nod my head before he motions to a brown paper bag on the desk that I hadn't noticed up till now.

"You need to eat" he says still looking up at me.

"Oh no I'm fine honestly Mr. Alexander" I say timidly, feeling kind of awkward.

"Just call me Alexander. And you need to eat. It's not healthy going without breakfast" he simply says.

I nod my head before grabbing the bag and thanking him as I stand up.

"Where are you going?" He asks with his head now bent, focusing on some papers on his desk.

"Outside?" I say though it comes out more of a question.

"No sit and eat here so I can make sure you actually do eat all of it".

Not questioning him or defying him, I sit down and cross my legs, opening up the bag. My breakfast consisted of a breakfast muffin, a small sandwich, a granola bar and a coffee.

How am I supposed to eat all that?

Looking up at him I see him staring down at me almost daring me to oppose him.

Taking the things out one by one I chew slowly, careful not to make a sound in the now silent room.

This is so awkward.

------------

AN: This chapter nearly got deleted and I nearly cried smh. Hope you all liked this chapter and I want to know what you guys want to happen next. Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share