CHAPTER 38.5

Zea's POV

While walking, I saw Ethan's eyes and remembered what made me fall in love with him. Those eyes with sincerity. Those eyes that are now looking at me.

"Alagaan mo itong si Zea." Papa

"Opo Papa." Ethan responded

Natatawa ako kay Ethan, his eyes were so cold as if it was frozen.

PRIEST: Dearly beloved, we are gathered here on this beautiful day to witness the union of Mayka Zebediah and Ethan Garette in holy matrimony. This is a day of great celebration and reverence, on which we come together before God to recognize and commemorate the sacred love and dedication shared between these two people. It is wonderful to have family and friends here to join us today. The bride and groom would like to thank their guests for being here, and would like you to know that each of you were invited here on this day because you have played an integral part in their intertwining lives.

As the Bible reminds us in Corinthians, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love never fails."

In the time that Mayka Zebediah and Ethan Garette have spent together, they've built the sturdy foundation for a lifelong relationship. After a great deal of thoughtful consideration, they have decided to bind themselves to one another for the rest of their lives.

May you all remember and cherish this sacred ceremony, for on this day, with love, we will forever bind Mayka Zebediah and Ethan Garette together.

If there is anyone in attendance who has cause to believe that this couple should not be joined in marriage, you may speak now or forever hold your peace. 

Pareho naman kaming lumingon ni Ethan, naku! Wag lang na may kokontra talaga.

Marriage is a sacred ceremony. Today we observe the union of these two people with the respect the occasion warrants. What we honor with reverence, however, we also celebrate with great joy! For married life – a shared life – is a tremendous blessing. Now, as Mayka Zebediah and Ethan Garette embark on this journey together, they will be able to nurture a love that makes each of them better versions of themselves. Marriage is, indeed, the perfect garden from which to sow and harvest personal growth.

Mayka Zebediah and Ethan Garette, learn to work together, to laugh together, and to love together. Don't get caught up in worldly things that will draw you apart. Instead, focus on your shared devotion and turn inward. As your relationship strengthens you will find that you come to share a remarkable love; a love that is both abundantly given and freely accepted.

The joy you'll find as you pursue your shared lives will fuel you to face head-on the challenges you'll encounter on this Earth. On your journeys together, keep your spouse in the space of highest priority in your heart. The love you share must be guarded and cherished, it is your most valuable treasure.

Mayka Zebediah and Ethan Garette, the sacred vows that you make to one another today present you with the opportunity to express your love in your own words. I would at this time invite you to publically declare these vows:

Mayka Zebediah, you may begin.

Zea's VOW:

"Ethan. My annoying hero. I really thought you've vowed to annoy my forever. The first time I saw you, you annoyed me until now we're here, you keep on annoying me.