Epilogue

Ethan's POV

"At saan naman kayo nanggaling tatlo ha? Isinama nyo pa itong bata batuta na ito?"

My wife asked our baby.

"San ka galing baby?"

"Hols! Taygel! Yeyfan big big! Bunny!" Ipinakita pa nito ang mga stuff toy na hawak nya.

"Oh my! Lumayo kayo?! Galing kayo sa zoo??!My wife asked with her not so happy face

"I told you Dad mayayari ka kay Mommy eh."

"At saan kayo nanggaling ha? Ethan? Kraton?!"

"Eh kasi Mommy, we got bored playing in the playground so we went to the zoo."

"And whose idea was that?"

I just smiled at my wife.

"Ethan!!!"

Oh my wife, my angry wife. I suddenly remember how we got into this happy life.

It was after I signed up for a mission on a Christmas Day. It is a send off for back up troops in the Middle east. Mama heard that after I told my Papa. Mama got so frantic. She cried non-stop. She even was sent to hospital because of her crying.

"Before you go on that war, which I really don't want you to go. Bring home a wife. If you won't, I will not talk to you ever again."

At first, I didn't mind what Mama said but, hey, it was a week already and yes, she's not talking to me. I got bothered Mama has never been like this before.

"Pa."

"Please don't ask me to convince your mother to talk to you. I don't want her to get mad at me."

I sighed. "So I really need to find a wife then."

"Ahuh."

"What will happen if I bring home a wife."

"Oh, you don't get your Mama's idea. She wanted you to find a wife so you'll not gonna sign up for death." He chuckled

"That's it?"

"When I married your Mama, I stop trying to die. You see, I changed because I married her and she thinks you'll be needing a wife to change too."

"So where can I possibly get a wife?"

"For starters, I got your Mama from her country, and if you are looking for someone like her, you may always resort to go to her country and find one."

"So you are suggesting me to go to Mama's country?"

"Why not?! It's so beautiful there. You can even have a decent vacation there."

I sighed again. "Okay, if this would make Mama happy then."

It was after New Year I went to the Philippines. My comrade and boss, Gen. Richards was here so he helped me settle.

I tried looking for a possible wife on that first week but I can't find someone that my Mama would approve for.

It was a fine day and I was to ask Gen. Richards for lunch who works now in the US Embassy in the Philippines when a girl maybe of my age caught my attention. She was beautiful but she's not smiling. I came closer to where she is and heard she've been rejected.