Chapter 5: Irene Rose

Start from the beginning

I ignored the sparks, I ignored the pain that seeped through. The act of dominance was both a pleasurable, yet painful experience as I continued to rant. 

"I am not an object, let go of me. I am not yours, I have a pack here and as a member of this pack, I refuse to leave it, no matter what you want. You may be an Alpha, but this is my territory and only I can make the decision of leaving." I growled, and his grip tightened on my arm, his anger was boiling and soon the whole hall will feel it. I knew a load of wolves were watching us now, both Alphas, Betas, Gammas and normal wolves were gazing at an Alpha and his mate fighting, both are wolves not liking our situation. 

Crescent was snarling at him, no more lovey-dovey with him, and certainly no more thinking that our mate was worthy of us. She was annoyed, agitated, angry. She did not like how this Alpha male is treating her and how he did not respect our wishes. We are his mate. He has to listen to us. We were at the point of snarling, his grip was tightening on my arm every second, and I was feeling numb, all moments that we had in the empty hallway was gone and now it was replaced by pure anger. We were both affected by our wishes and we both knew it was not going to turn out well. Our anger mixed together as one as we both growled at each other in annoyance, his anger worsening by the minute and I knew he was going to snap soon.

"You are coming with me. No. Matter. What. You don't want to start a war, do you? I'm sure your pack would like to suffer because of your idiocy to not come with me." and at that point, I knew that I hated him. He not only disrespected my wishes, but he obviously would go to the extent of starting a war between his pack and mine. He wouldn't dare to even come close to me if he did. My wolf disliked him strongly, yet she was held back because of the mate bond, but we both knew at that point in time we would rather go, rogue than go with him now. 

"You're losing your opportunity to gain respect from me, you want to start a war? This is my pack, as a mate, you should understand that if you harm my pack, there will be consequences. Not only will I lose any respect I have left for you, but you have already lost any hope from me loving you." I snarled, and to add more salt to the wound. "I would rather go, rogue than to ever be with you." I breathed it out, my arm losing feeling as I glanced at my arm which had turned a light shade of purple, the blood circulation was about to be cut off if he didn't let go. Even if the pain was immense, I managed to look back at Alpha Archer, whose eyes were now golden, meaning his wolf was peeking out and that meant Crescent was coming out of hiding too.

I had insulted him as a man and a wolf, wanting to take the harder life meant that I had no respect for him and indirectly said that I would rather die than be with him, it meant that I didn't want him and I said it in the cruellest way possible.

I looked at his swirling eyes as he tried to control his wolf, mine was just almost to the surface wanting to give to this male a good beating. I was terrified, to say the least, my new found confidence might kill me and I may never be with the Moon Goddess by indirectly being with my mate, I path which I did not want to take. I didn't realise at that time that my shoulder and neck were bare from his arm trying slide down the material off my shoulder, and I tensed. My clean left shoulder was bare to him and I watched as his wolf and he eyed the spot with lust and anger. I knew what was coming next.

I tried to pull away, my heart rate accelerating quickly as his head dipped slowly down to my shoulder and I wanted to cry here and there. My body tried to move away from his in a desperate attempt to not get marked here in front of everyone. I wasn't going to get marked today, I wouldn't.

"Stop!" I screamed, grabbing his arm that grabbed mine and tried to shove his arm off it as his canines descended, his face mere inches away from my shoulder. "Stop please!" I cried out, as tears started to spill out of my eyes. I didn't want to be marked, I didn't want to at all. Everyone was now watching the events unfold, no one stopping this Alpha from getting what he wanted, letting him take his prey as she struggled to fight. I tried and tried to wiggle out of his grip, my wolf howling to move as we struggled together. I tried to kick him, but it hurt my leg in the process and I felt immense pain in my arm and legs as I tried to pry him off me.

"Dad help me!" I pleaded as I looked over to my dad in panic, he was in a state of shock, his feet rooted to the ground as he shook his head. This was all my fault. I felt betrayed, Alpha Archer's face mere centimetres now from my shoulder as I felt him inhale my scent, his canines on full display. I was forcefully being marked, not being helped by anyone, I was alone and I was struggling to break free. No one was listening to my pleas, my cries and my anger and hurt were raging through my pores, even my own Alpha was not looking to help me. He watched with angry eyes but made no attempt to help.

Everyone has betrayed me.

I cried helplessly, using all my strength to move out of the way and trying to dodge his canines, but I failed and I felt his teeth plunge where my shoulder met my neck. I wailed and gasped, there was no pleasure like they said, only pain, pain took place where there should have been the pleasure, but there was none. The tears were streaming down fast as I felt his stay there, my wolf trying to surge out of me as he marked me. I was in pain, my body shook with it, the pain on my arm was still there, my neck was in pain and my head was spinning. 

I had little strength left to fight as I saw stars, the blackness was consuming me. The hurt, the betrayal, the mark, it was all swimming in my head before I blacked out, only to see pale blue eyes stare at me with the little emotion they had.