Chapter 1: "The call"

"Henry! Breakfast is ready!" I call my son as i stand down the stairs. I hear his bedroom door open as he runs downstairs. "Henry, be careful..don't run down the stairs, please." I walk with him to the kitchen where i prepared our regular sunday morning breakfast. "Well i hope you like your omelet today." Henry nods as he grabs his fork and starts eating like he's never had any before. "Sweety, don't choke in that." I laugh at him. "Mom, it's so good, thank you for breakfast!" He is looking satisfied and i can't help but smirk, he is way too cute. This is what happiness feels like.' I think to myself and pour some milk in our glasses. "Mom, can i tell you something?" I look up at him and i can see he feels a little bit shy for some reason. "Of course Henry, you can tell me anything!" I say with a big smile, so he feels more comfortable. "I would like to meet my biological mother.." i choke as he spoke these words. This is what i have been afraid of all his life. This is the moment i knew was coming at some point, but why so soon? Why not when he turned 16.. or even better, 21! Or never at all! I felt tears coming up but i didn't let them come, i need to support my son in this decision.
I look at him and trying to find words. "Okay honey, but.. i don't have any information about her." I say full of hope he wouldn't continue this conversation. "But i think i've found her, mom. She is in New York city and she is an FBI agent." He tells me happily. "Wow, but how did you..?" I couldn't even understand this. How did he get this information? "You see, i found my birth certificate and went on the internet. It's very easy to find people, i have the phone number from her work. I'm sorry mom i really wanted to tell you this, are you mad at me?"
"N--no Henry of course i'm not mad at you, it's just a little bit emotional for me, but i can understand why you would want to meet her and i support you in it." Henry looks relieved about my reaction. I stand up and walk towards the other side of the kitchen table where my 10 year old is sitting. I kiss him on the cheek and hug him so tight like it's the last time.

Henry gave me the information he found on the internet before going to his room to do his homework. I just stared at the piece of paper like it was a death note. I swallowed my pride and dialed the number i read on the paper. I sighed.. took a deep breath and the phone rings a few times.
....
....
....
....
"FBI department can i help you?"

"Yes hello, this is Regina Mills. I was wondering if an Agent with the name Emma Swan works for this department."

"What is it that you need ma'am?"

"My son has a little problem, she is the only one who can help him."

"Uhm. Let me check if she's available, please hold."
....
....
....
....
As it isn't nervous enough they put me on hold.
....
....
....
....
"Hello, agent Swan speaking. Can i help you?"

"Uhm, yes..Miss Swan. 10 years ago.. did you put your son up for adoption?"

It went quit on the other line for a few seconds. Then she spoke.

"What is this about, who are you and how do you know this?"

"I'm his mother. He would like to meet you" I got no respons. It felt like minutes so i decided to break the ice. "Look miss Swan, i can understand if you don't want this. Just be honest. I'll make sure it's not too hard on him. He doesn't know what he is missing, he just got curious, that's all."

"No it's fine. You startled me with this a little bit, i never even imagined this could happen. If it's ok with you, i'd like to meet him too."

These words fell hard on me, but it was for Henry.
"Thank you Miss Swan. We live in a little town called storybrooke. Just ask for Mayor Mills when you arrive."

"So my kid end up with the mayor? That is quit a relieve. I'll come as soon as possible. See you soon Mayor Mills."

....

The line broke. I felt a little weird. I just had a phone call with my sons birth mother, a call i never thought i would have in the first place.
______________________________________
As i hang up the phone my heart started racing. How is this possible, how did he find me. Or did his mother find me?
"Emma, are you okay? You seem a little pale. You should sit down." My co-worker and partner in crime insists as she brings me a glass of water. "Thank you Tamara, i just got a very important phone call. I gotta go talk to detective Mendell and call it off for today. I don't feel well. I'll explain it to you some other time." I tell her as i walk over to my bosses office. I knock the door three times before i walk in. "Emma! What can i do for you?" There he is, sitting behind his computer and he is probably not even working. "Hi Greg, i don't really know to be honest. It's kind of a long story but i'll keep it short. So i had a baby, 10 years ago..." I try to see Greg's reaction, since he doesn't know anything about my personal life. Nothing at all? I think to myself. "So anyway, i putted him up for adoption and i just got a phonecall from his mother saying my son would like to meet me. And i would like to meet him too." I slightly forgot that Greg Mendell is a man and i probably need to be more specific that i want 2 weeks off.
"This is great news for you, agent Swan. Why don't you take a few weeks off, i'll call the New Jersey department to cover up for you. You can go and meet your son!" He says ethusiastic. My jaw almost dropped to the floor and i stutter a little "thank you" out of it. "I see you in a few weeks then, Greg!' I walk out of his office and pack my stuff from my desk. I wave Tamara goodbye and tell her i'll be back soon.

I drove my yellow bug back to my apartment, parked it in the shared garage and walked towards the second floor where my front door is. As i open the door i see all the mess i made the past couple of days, since i'm practically living at work, it didn't bother me untill now. I decided to clean it up and pack my suitcase for my roadtrip to storybrooke. Good thing i don't live too big so i was done cleaning soon. When my suitcase was packed, i decided it was time to get some sleep. I can't wait anymore. I'll leave, first thing in the morning!'

To be continued..