» The Stranger You Never Thought You'd Meet «

Summary: You shouldn't pick up strangers at truckstops...

You definitely should not, then, fall in love with said stranger you picked up at a truckstop.

Warnings: boyxboy, prostitute!Liam, sex, language, mature content

Link:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/4037221?view_adult=true

____________________________________________

Work Text:

This would have been far more complicated if this truckstop hadn't been here. At least I picked a convenient place to run out of gas. It's definitely a chilly night, accentuated by the sharp breeze going through the air, I probably should have worn more than this flannel. While I wait for the truck to fill up I take in the scene of this truckstop, pretty standard. There's quite a few pumps, lit up like daylight, a restaurant, and a convenience store that I will be raiding as soon as the pump clicks. Something across the lot catches my eyes, someone that is. There's a guy by the street, no bags, no car, just him. He looks like he must be waiting for...something? Or nothing...? You never can tell these days. He must be freezing, I feel like I can see him shiver from here.

Niall, you can't be seriously considering what I think you're about to consider, I tell myself. Shit, he can't be much older than me, he seems harmless enough from here, let alone gorgeous, but that's neither here nor there. Here's what I'll do. I'll go inside and get myself some snacks, if he's still here when I get out then I'll offer him some snacks. Yes, that sounds reasonable, that sounds like a way to be kind and avoid being murdered in case that's his thing.

I made sure to take my time inside the store, spending a few extra careful minutes at the crisps and after spending far more than I should have--one can never be too prepared--I head out and my eyes land in one place first to see that he's still there. Well, I'm a man of my word, and he still looks cold.

I walk over towards the increasingly good-looking guy and realize that I should probably tone down the cheer in my step; but as I approach him my heart beats faster on its own. I can't deny that I am extremely attracted to his slightly baggy ripped jeans, combat boots, white vest and leather jacket, which seems to be more for fashion than purpose. Not to mention his beautifully styled hair, plump, very suckable bottom lip and sinfully beautiful eyes. Not that that's what I walked over here for. When it's already too late, I realize, I'm stopped right in front of this work of art, staring.

He quirks an eyebrow after I fail to say ANYTHING for far too many awkward seconds. "Can I help you mate?" He says with a smooth, yet seductive voice and I'm done. There's no defense here.

"Um...yeah?" I ask. "Yeah," I confirm. "I ran out of gas and pulled over at this truck stop and while I was filling up I noticed you out here and it's pretty cold tonight and you looked cold, and I said if I went inside and got snacks and you were still out here I would come over and offer you snacks so I went in and I spent a lot of time at the crisps just to make sure and then I came out and you were still out here and..." I still haven't taken a breath when he interrupts me.

"Whoa mate, slow down there, you're turning all red. You came over here to offer me some carefully thought out crisps?"

I'm a dumbass. He may as well have said 'You're a dumbass.' I change my plan of action. "It didn't sound that daft in my head." That didn't help my argument. He laughs at me.

"Well...?" He pauses.

"Niall." I respond.

"Well, Niall. Thank you for the nice thought of crisps but I think that I'm actually ok for right now," and he turns away to face the street again, still seemingly waiting for something/nothing. I should take that as my mission being completed. I came here out of the kindness of my heart to offer him some food and he politely declined, my job here is done.