The Irony

"Meg," I said, glancing at my friend. "I want you to take my keys and leave." I tossed my keys into her hands.

She look confused, staring at the keys in her hand. "But why?"

I shot her a look, letting her know that I was serious. Slowly she headed out the door. "I'll call you tonight!" I yelled after her, hoping that she heard me.

Matt took my hand, his warmth radiating through my body. Tazmin stepped out of the shadows, her hateful glare searing into my eyes. Matt hid me behind his body. "Tazmin do you ever get tired of this little charade we have? I know I do."

"Of course not. You're mine and you know it. We belong together, we are more the same than you and your little plain one you've got hidden away from me."

I felt ashamed hiding behind Matt like a child. But I knew he was the only thing keeping her from tossing me like a rag doll into the wall again.

"Please," Matt laughed. "You are a spiteful bitch and I hope you burn in the place that you crawled up from."

That wiped the grin from Tazmin's precious face. She stepped up to Matt, trailing a long finger nail down the front of his shirt. "Awe," She cooed, "Honey you don't mean that. You'll get over your slight obsession with this girl, and we can go back to the way we used to be."

"No," Matt said, pushing her aside and tugging me to the door.

The door slammed in front of Matt's face. Turning, he stared Tazmin down like she was the scum of the Earth. "Why the hell won't you just leave her alone?"

"Because if I don't win, no one will." Things began to levitate around the room as Tazmin's own feet lifted from the floor.

This is when the rest of the people in the room started to notice. Panic erupted in the room and people began to slam their fist on the door behind me. Matt drug me to the corner of the room, holding my face gently in his hands, "I will get you out of this, even if it kills me."

"Oh, blah. Quit with the romantic crap already, Matt. This isn't Romeo and Juliet." Tazmin mocked. "It's not like you can really control if she dies tonight, you know my mind is stronger than yours."

Matt charged at Tazmin, slamming her into the brick wall on the other end of the club. I faintly heard the cries of people still trying to escape.

"Matt!" I shouted, "Let these people out!"

"I can't!" He shouted, wrestling Tazmin to the ground.

"Fuck! I will if it'll silence their annoying ban chi cries!" Tazmin shouted as the doors swung open, allowing the people to escape from the club. "But not you!" She shouted pinning me against the wall with an invisible force.

Why the hell do I always get stuck against a wall?

Matt tossed Tazmin against the wall next to me. Landing on her feet, I watched in astonishment as she threw Matt around the room, his body hitting walls with enough force to potentially kill. She was out for blood. Matt slumped to the ground with her last hard blow.

"Now for his play thing." She said coyly. Releasing me from the wall, she wrapped her long, delicate fingers around my wrist. "You know I haven't really decided yet. Should I brake you bit by bit and watch you pray to me for mercy? Or should I just kill you, and get along with my night." She tapped her bottom lip. "I think I'll kill you slowly. I'll get more enjoyment over the fact that I get to kill Matt's 'soul mate'. Breaking him will be my pleasure."

I spat on her perfect face. "I will not beg to you, no matter how broken you make me."

She looked pissed, wiping my spit from her face. "I'm going to make you regret you were ever born." She snared. 

I didn't flinch when she wrapped her pale hands around my neck, which just seemed to piss her off more. She flung me to the cold concrete floor, making my head bounce off the ground like a rubber ball, making me blackout for a few minutes.

Regaining consciousness, I felt a strong breeze that barely shook my body. Tazmin snared down at me, stepping on my leg with one of her tall boots. She began to apply pressure to my leg and it took all I had not to cry out in pain. The wind whipping around us suddenly changed direction, dragging Tazmin away from me. She was sucked into a small vortex that flew around the room, sucking up everything in its path. I could see her blond hair swirling uncontrollably; she cried out in rage as the vortex hit the wall with force, crashing her thin body into the wall along with it.

"Come on!" Matt shouted pulling me out the door. It slammed behind us, sealing Tazmin inside with the rushing tornado. We ran to the now deserted parking lot and jumped into Matts car. Quickly he peeled out of the parking lot and sped down the road.

"I'm staying with you tonight," He declared, glancing at me from the drivers seat. "I don't care how much you hate me, or how much you think that we shouldn't be together, I need to know that you are safe tonight. Tazmin is going to come out of that club pissed off and looking for revenge. Hell the owners of that place would be lucky if she didn't burn that whole place to the ground."

"What the hell was that?"

"What was what?" Matt asked, puzzled by my question.

"The whole damn tornado thing that sucked Tazmin up with it!" I shouted.

"Oh, that." He said this like it was a common occurrence. "It's just something I can do, and control. I don't know exactly how I got the tornado to only suck up Tazmin, but I do know that my whole focus was on you." Smiling at me he gave my knee a light squeeze and I couldn't help but smile back.

Parking in front of my house, we jumped out of the car and headed inside. Quietly we tip toed our way up to my room, listening to the heavy snores of my mom echoing off the walls.

"Well," Matt said placing himself on the window sill once we made it into my room. "I guess I can just sit here and keep an eye on things. Go ahead and go to sleep, you need it."

Nodding I curled up under my warm blanket and closed my eyes, trying to ignore the fact that Matt was staring at me so intently.

"Will you stop looking at me?" I snapped.

"Sorry," He said, grinning cockily. "Just day dreaming."

"About what?" I knew that as soon as those words left my mouth I would regret them.

Walking over to my bed, Matt slid his long body behind me, curling against me. His body radiated heat as his lips traveled up and down my neck. "This." He whispered, trailing one finger down the length of my side, leaving small goose bumps in its trail.

The over whelming urge to kiss him coursed through my body. Turning my body to face his, I smashed our lips together in a long passionate kiss. I showed him all my feelings I had for him, both good and bad. The shred of hate I still had for him came out with hard kisses; biting his lip harder than necessary, although he didn't seem to mind. I flipped my body on top of his, straddling his hips, never breaking contact from our kiss. He moaned gripping my hips tightly. I knew I had all the power here, all the say in situations like these. With one final kissed I leaped off of him and turned my body away from his.

"But-" I could hear the confusion in his voice, but he obviously decided not to fight me. Instead he curled his body against mine. Wrapping his strong arms around my waist, he pulled me against his chest. I smiled, snuggling in closer to Matts body. I knew that, at least for tonight, I was protected.