Please Explain

I sat calmly as Matt begin to explain what he was. "I don't know how to explain this very well but I'm... different." Matt sat down taking both my hands in his large ones.

"You have to understand that I would never use what I do against you."

His eyes held so much... caring I think it was.

"Is this some type of joke?" I asked, because if it was I really didn't like it. I didn't trust Matt one bit, but the look on his face was telling me that he wasn't doing this to gain my trust and, ultimately, get in my pants, and he didn't seem like he was going to murder me.

"No, Kat, this isn't a joke. I have a lot to explain in such a short time." Gulping, Matt took a deep breath. "You see there is this thing about me that is hard to explain. I'm more of a... well I'm not quite sure what I am. The only thing I do know is that I am capable to move things with my mind, like you saw with the door there. That's not all, though." He looked unsure as he began to speak his next words. "I can manipulate peoples thoughts... most of the time it works. Other times the person notices and stops the process. With you though it is completely different. I'm completely blocked off from your mind. At first I couldn't figure out why." Looking deeply into my eyes with an intensity I've never seen in another human being, he spoke. "I believe that we may be soul mates, Kat. And I know how crazy that sounds but that's what I believe is why you can block me out and resist me like no other woman I have ever met."

I took a minute to run his words in through my head. Standing up, I headed for the door. Maybe he was a little sick in the head. Maybe this was all some sick little joke that he and his friends put on to make fun of the shy girl. Either way I was out of here.

Matt's large frame quickly stepped in front of me, blocking my exit, and ultimately, my freedom from him. ''You are completely insane!'' I yelled. ''There is no way in hell that I'm bonded to a jerk like you for eternity.''

"Please, Kat, just stay for the party, and if you don't have the time of your life at the parties I throw, then you will never see me again. I will walk right out of your life and never look back again. Ever."

Biting my lip, I contemplated his words. It was either him bother me for the rest of my life with some weird fantasy of me and him he had or just get through one night of torture and end it all. Finally, nodding my head I agreed to his terms. Letting out a sigh he had obviously been holding, Matt grinned and looked me up and down, as if seeing me for the first time.

"Well, I guess I'm going to have to find you a suitable dress to wear to the party. An emerald dress would bring out your beautiful eyes." He winked at me and added, "plus, you have a killer body, and that's nice too."

What kind of guy would have dresses in his house for parties? I asked myself as Matt went upstairs to fetch me the dress.

A crazy guy that's who.

Appearing at my side, Matt held a glittering dress in his hand. It was beautiful and looked... form fitting.

''I am so not wearing that.''

''Oh, yes you are.'' He said thrusting the dress at me, then giving me a slight shove towards the nearest bathroom. Closing the door behind me, Matt told me to let him see when I put it on. Taking a deep breath I shredded my normal clothes and slipped on the shimmering green dress. Gazing into the mirror I saw that Matt was right. The dress did bring out my eyes. Along with many other places on my body that normally I try to de-emphasize.

''You done yet, beautiful?''

I snapped out of my haze and stepped out of the bathroom door.

''Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in." He encircled my hips in his long arms. "You look amazing in that.'' His tone was cocky but his eyes sparkled with wonder as they trailed my defined body. Matts' eyes were soon replaced by his hands. His breath tickled me slightly as he whispered into my ear. ''You really look amazing in this dress, Kat. Like you're ready to face anything.'' I stood speechless a Matt traveled down my curvy side. ''Maybe enough to be mine.''

''No dress could ever make me want that.'' I said pulling away from his grip.''I only agreed to stay for this party so that you would leave me alone. Now if you will excuse me I have to get ready.'' I said stepping back into the large bathroom, slamming the door in Matts stupid face.

Grumbling I looked at myself in the mirror. Same long fiery hair and green eyes. The only thing different is in this dress, I felt beautiful. Like a different person. I braided my hair quickly down the side, and using a couple of fresh flowers I found in a vase on the counter I shoved them in my hair. I smiled in the mirror, pulled myself together and walked out the bathroom door to find a beautiful pair of stilettos with a note attached to it that read:

'Kat,

These would be great with that dress. Meet me on the deck when you're finished.'

-lots of love,

M'