Sometimes Life Can Be Stupid... And So Can I

Shoving the slip of paper back into my book, I continued with my day as a brain numbed zombie, all the words in class floating through from my brain and out my ear.

Finally the day came to an end and I almost sprinted to my car, ready to be away from this dreadful place.

Pulling the car door open, I dropped my heavy bag in the passenger seat and cranked the engine. Nothing. Cranking it again and again and still the engine did nothing. Slamming my hands into the steering wheel I swore, resting my head on the wheel, trying to calm down. I got out of my car I looked around to see if there was anyone left in the parking lot. Completely deserted.

Figures, I thought to myself, everyone else is just as excited as I am to get out of this hell hole.

Grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder, I silently cursed my mother for not getting me a cell phone. My feet pounded the pavement as I began the ten mile trudge back to my house. The sun blazed down on my back like shearing hot knives, the pavement scraped beneath my feet as I paced as quickly as my legs would allow.

A car beeped behind me. I ignored it, assumed it was some perv, honking at my ass as he passed by.  I continued on, not noticing the car creeping its way next to me until the driver spoke and I jumped out of my skin.

"Fancy meeting you, Princess. What happened to that hunk of junk you call a car? Let me guess, didn't start right? You're really looking more and more like a princess the longer I see you. You being a damsel in distress and how beautiful you are and all. Looking more and more like a fairytale. Guess that makes me your prince because I'm here to rescue you. Now come on get in the car." Swinging the door open, he gazed at me through his sunglasses, expecting me to climb in the passenger seat.

"No thanks," I said sweetly "I need the exercise anyway." I quickened my pace, but it was completely pointless to do, considering that he was in a car.

"Come on, Kat," Matt called. "Just get in the car. I won't bite... unless you ask me to." 

"No."

Matt suddenly pulled the car to the side of road and parked it right next to me. Getting out he jogged around the side and got real close to my face. His nose brushed my cheek as he whispered in my ear, "Get in the car, Kat. You wont regret it." His hand trickled down my side and onto my hip, gripping it slightly. My breath caught and my resolve disappeared as he pulled me towards the car and helped me into the passenger seat. Looking me deep in the eye, he smiled slowly and winked before starting the car. My heart fluttered in my chest faster than the car was going as he sped down the road.