How it Started

I pulled a heavy novel from the shelf of my high school library. I was searching deep in the depths of the lines of books, a thousand word essay doomed to end my weekend if I didn't finish it today. Glancing past the gap, I quickly slipped the book back into it's spot, shielding myself from what was happening in the next row.

Matt Evergreen was shedding the clothes off of  Tiffany Morrison's body, her giant breasts exposed for all  to see. Which was mainly Matt, and for half a second, me. Their loud kissing sounds bounced off the walls, and Tiffany's short, moaning breaths made my ears bleed.

Ugh, does he ever stop?! I thought to myself, as I stomped my way to the end of the aisle.  He always has a girl on his arm and not one of them seems to have any boundaries.

"Matt, stop."

Oh, I was wrong. One has boundaries.

"Come on, baby." Matt cooed. "Just real quick, please?" I heard a loud smack from where I was crouching. I peeked through the stack of books.

"I said no! Get away from me."

Tiffany shoved Matt away and right into the bookshelf that i was currently hiding behind. It shook and books tumbled on top of me. Matt regained his footing and caught me peeking through the shelf. Shit.

"What are you doing?" He sounded pissed at my intrusion of his alone time with Tiffany. I picked a book from the shelf and waved it in his face for him to see.

"Getting a book, obviously." I said in a why-do-you-think-I'm-in-a-library-you-idiot, tone.

"Really? 'Cause it sure as hell looks like you were trying to get to spy on some live action to me." He growled.

Walking over to the row where Tiffany stood buttoning her metallic shirt with shaky hands, I threw a go to hell look at him.

"What are you doing?" I barked back at Matt. "Wait, don't answer that. I already know the answer to that. Having absolutely no boundaries and trying to get every girl in school. Ha!" I scoffed in his face, rolling my eyes. "Good luck with that. Some girls actually have some dignity." My words made Tiffany's face as red as a cherry as she finished buttoning her shirt and scampered away.

"Look what you did!" Matt shouted, pointing at the direction that Tiffany had disappeared in.

"Oh, hun, I didn't do anything. You didn't have a chance in the world with that girl. She was already refusing your charming tactics when you spotted me. 'Come on, baby. Just real quick, please?'" I mocked. "Yeah, real romantic by the way."

"All this coming from a girl that hasn't kept a boyfriend for more than a month?" He said harshly, stepping closer, so close I can smell the fresh scent of his soap, glaring down at me. I winced at the words, like they were an invisible knife to the heart.

"I bet you think that I'm a bad person, Kat." He said, backing me up against the shelf, entrapping me between his tanned, toned arms. I felt disgusted at myself for even feeling a flutter of attraction for him. "I bet you believe the rumors," He continued. "But let me tell you something," His beautiful eyes bore into me as he spoke his next words. "You're wrong." He paused before speaking again. "But, you don't believe me, right? You think I'm some kind of man whore that just uses women." He had his giant hand on my cheek, he leaned in even closer, our noses nearly touching.

I stood speechless, I couldn't get my brain to function, my lungs had become sucked dry of air. That is what I thought I thought of him, what I believed was true. Could I be wrong about Matt?

Matt was brushing his thumb gently across my cheek bone, radiating heat down my whole face, the smell of his minty breath was intoxicating as it danced through my nose with his next words.

"I'll prove you wrong one day, Kat. Just you watch." He pushed my hair gently behind my ear, I could almost feel his lips against mine.  He pushed away from me, smirking, obviously satisfied with the way he mad my body feel, and  walked his perfectly sculpted body out of the swinging doors of the library, leaving my cheeks fused with heat and my mind buzzing with new thoughts of Matt. Hope that Matt kept his promise coursed through my mind for an instant but I quickly dismissed the thought, sickened with myself for even falling for his trickery. Shaking my head I pushed through the doors of the library hoping that that was the last time that I would run into Matt Evergreen.