Chapter 4[Edited]

Pictures

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Pictures.

Of us smiling in each other arms.

Of me going down on my knees for the first time in front of my princess

Of me, mom, dad, and princess. My family.

Of princess's first attempt to make a cake. I still remember it took her 5 tries to make one

Of me kissing my princess before leaving with mom and dad for London for my cousin's wedding.

And thousand more moments captured in these picture bearing witness of Us

My mom, amongst her various hobbies, has the hobby of clicking pictures, especially of me and Arzoo. Her collection of our pictures is in the thousands. She says the pictures are a way to freeze a moment and keep it as a memory.

So today we are on a huge mission on selecting photographs to be put on the walls of my refurbished room. We have already selected my mom's and dad's photographs yesterday and today we are on the mission of finding a bunch of perfect photographs from the bundle of many perfect moments we shared.

My mom had put my princess in charge of redecorating my room and my cabin in office. Everything was done under her supervision and my princess being a perfectionist made it a point to not leave a single thing unattended.

It has been a long week for both of us. With my auction to her exhibition, we have been running on fumes all week. After the auction, the land surveys and threat assessment etc. had to be completed as soon as possible so that we can start the groundbreaking as soon as possible. The work pressure was taking a toll on me. I have not been sleeping more than 3 hours a day properly. But the incident two days ago has just made me more edgy. The thought of what might have happened that day still gives me chills and made me even more determined to find the person who tried to hurt my princess.

But right now my only priority was to make Arzoo feel safe again and bring back her smile. And so here we are trying to distract her from thinking about what happened

"Do you remember this one?" I asked my princess showing her the picture of us sitting on kitchen counter. I and Arzoo a lot of times sneak out at night to eat ice-cream from the fridge only to be caught by mom later and on one such occasion mom had took this picture.

She looked at the picture remembering and smiling at me. But her smile wasn't reaching her eyes like they always do and that made me feel more guilty than ever. I can still feel she was scared which kept reminding me of the fear I saw in her eyes that day......

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.