Chapter 18

"So are you really going to tell dad that you're pregnant?" Bella asks warily.

"Yes. What am I supposed to wait till I have my child and then tell him 'oh yeah dad, I was pregnant'? He knows a little about the supernatural world so hopefully he understands. Sh** I haven't called mom!" I finish with a horrified expression.

Bella laughs but then stops, "I forgot to call mom too!"

This time we both laugh together. Its silent all the way to the diner. When we arrive I spot Charlies cruiser and my stomach twists into knots. My hand rubs my stomach to comfort not only myself but to calm the feeling. Bella rubs my shoulder and exits the car. I follow her lead.

"Bells, Ady!" Charlie calls with a small wave.

"Hi dad", Bella says as we get closer.

"Daddy!" I squeal and hug him.

He stumbles back with a chuckle and awkwardly hugs me back. We walk into the diner and sit in Charlie's normal spot and order.

"So is this a special occasion or something?" Dad asks after a couple moments of silence.

"No why do you ask?" I say innocently.

"Well because you never asked me to come out to eat before", he replies.

"I just haven't seen you in forever! Also I have some good news", I say with excitement but an undercurrent of unease.

Charlie's eyebrows raise silently telling me to go on, "Well you know a little bit about 'our' world and one of the things that we have to look forward to is our mate, which is like a soul mate".

"Yes I know, your mother explained this when she met Phil".

"Okay well I met mine! So did Bella!" I say as a smile spreads across my face.

"Who?"

"Jasper and Edward Cullen. They are also supernatural beings", I whisper at the end.

"My mate is Edward", Bella whispers with a slight blush on her cheeks.

"Jasper is my mate. Also when you first meet your mate you feel..urges", its my turn to blush.

Charlie coughs and grumbles as a blush comes to his cheeks.

"I'm pregnant", I whisper and duck my head scared of his reaction.

"I'm gonna be a grandpa?" Charlie says his tone kinda wistful.

My head snaps up to see a smile on my fathers face. My eyes water and I get up to give him a hug before returning to my seat. We get our food and start talking about how we've been.

"Hey Charlie the boys want to know what happened down by the river?" The waitress asks hooking her thumb at the men sitting at the bar.

Dad stiffens before getting up and walking over to the men at the bar. He gives a bull excuse about an animal attack so I search his mind. I gasp at the image I see. This was no animal attack it was a vampire attack. My heart races as I remember the dream I had a couple of days ago. I start to shake in fear and my chest tightens. I feel as if all the food I just ate is going to come exploding out. Anya starts to push her way out of the cage she is usually locked in.

(ANYA P.O.V.)

"Isabella, I am leaving tell Charlie that I forgot to take my prenatal vitamins", I don't allow her to put in a word because I get up and walk out.

Just as I exit the diner I feel Jasper close. He must have felt the fear Adelynn felt.

"Adelynn!" A deep growl of a voice calls to me just loud enough for me to hear.