Chapter 23

Please Vote and Comment

 © 2011 Carol Nieves

Maybe not my brightest idea, but I was now inside Nick's car trunk. It was the only way to get passed the security at the Ellison's house.

It wasn't easy to convinced him, he follows Danielle's wishes to the tee. "I'm only doing this because I know how much you care for her and I have seen all you have done, she was doing better." Nick said before he stuffed me, my guitar, an amplifier, and a microphone inside his trunk. Definitely not my brightest idea!

When the car came to a stop, I felt like singing an "alleluya", Finally!

I tried to jumped out as soon as he opened the trunk, but my body wasn't responding. I tried again one more time."Can you give me a hand? I can't even feel my ass, everything is numb!"

He pulled my hand and started to get the sound equipment,"We have to go inside quick!" he shoved my guitar into my hands. "They have security patrolling along the premises of the house."

I started to get nervous when he rang the doorbell, "Martha will let me in right? She has a soft spot for me, I think."

Nick was about to say something when the door opened, and to my surprise it was Mr. Ellison. I wasn't expecting him to be here. My plan just went down the drain. He wasn't going to let me in.

"Please Mr. Ellison, you have to let me in, just give me a chance just one, Please!" I was ready to get on my knees and beg if needed. Forget my pride, when you love someone you do whatever it takes to be with that person. If begging on my knees or even kissing Mr. Ellison's shoes was the price I had to pay, I was ready and already puckering my lips to do so. Ok, a little over dramatic Camden, I told myself .

"Why wouldn't I let you in? What is going on kid,"

"She doesn't want to see me. She gave orders to the security people not to let me in. But I can't do that Mr. Ellison. I know that it is her crazy way of protecting me, but I can't, I'm not giving up on her!" Mr. Ellison nodded his head and moved out of the way so we could get inside.

I set up the amplifier and the microphone at the bottom of the stairs , plugged all the cables in their respective places. Now that everything was ready, I didn't know how to start. I was scared.

My hands were sweating and my heart was beating a little bit too fast. Not just because I had an audience, Mr. Ellison, Martha, and Nick decided to stand a few spot behind me to "Watch the show", I heard Nick say. I was nervous because I knew that this was it.

If after all of this she decides not listen, I was going to lose her forever, even before I really had her. This was my one and only shot.

I looked at my so called audience one more time, and their faces gave me the courage that I needed. Martha was smiling with one of her hands over her chest. Mr. Ellison sent me an reassuring nod, and Nick, well he didn't looked very happy but whatever it was he was feeling I couldn't see because he was looking at the floor and not me.

Rising the microphone I said "Dani, I'm not leaving this house until you hear me! And if you don't get out here soon, I going to start singing and dancing to The Fork in the garbage disposal, Nick will have to be my KiKi and I don't think he is going to like that"

I didn't have to wait long, I heard a door opening and a few short seconds later she was at the top of the stairs. She looked confused. She didn't came down, she just stood there at the top, hundreds of steps away from me.

Guitar in hand, I strummed away and started to sing for this girl. The owner of my heart.

"It never was your fault, you never were the one to blame, the shame was never for you. You were just a child who's trust was so betrayed, afraid but this is how you'll be saved.