Chapter 21

Do Not watch the video on the side until you finish reading the chapter.

Warning This chapter contains Mature Themes, Abuse, violence, grief and loss, so it may not be suitable for those with a sensitive Nature.

Extremely Important Authors note at the end of chapter

© 2011 Carol Nieves

The first few minutes after Danielle collapsed were just chaos. The security team come inside the room in just a few seconds. The police was called along with Mr. Ellison and Danielle's psychologist.

One of the guys from the security team carried her to the bed, she was still unconscious.

As for Me? I was frozen in place. I couldn't move. My eyes were fixed on her. Martha was talking to her and she was making her smell a piece of gauze with, what I presumed was rubbing alcohol or something.

Danielle regained consciousness after who knows how long, minutes? Hours? I don't know. When I saw her face I cried some more. There was terror in her eyes. She sat up in her bed very quickly, coiled her body to the top of the bed's headboard, and brought her knees to her chest, hugging them.

"Don't touch me!" she told Martha, "Please, don't, don't!" she was begging.

It broke my heart to see her like that. She looked so small at that moment. Like a little girl, pleading with tears running down her face.

I moved closer to her bed, flinched and hid her face in one of the her pillows. "Please don't. Don't come any closer"

Just like that, in a blink of an eye, all the progress she made over these past few weeks went down the drain. It was bad. I have never seen her like that. Even after that first panic attack that I witnessed it wasn't this bad. She looked Defenseless, weak, scared.

She was afraid of me. After we held hands, after we finally kissed. I came to her house today to declare my love for her, and now she couldn't even look at me.

Mr. Ellison and Dani's doctor arrive almost at the same time, just minutes apart. We were all rushed out of the room when the the doctor came to checked her.

One of the security guys gave the letter to Mr. Ellison. He read it and he become enraged. I have never seen him like that. He was shouting, his face all flushed red, and his fist was closed so hard turning his knuckles white.

"Why do I even have security in my property ? You are all worthless! How did this letter made it to my front door ?Can somebody explain this to me?"

Everybody remained quiet. No excuses were made. They knew they failed.

So I told him that I found the letter taped to the door. After saying that, one of the security guards advised us not to touch the letter anymore because it probably contained prints or some DNA.

"We don't need prints or DNA or anything! We know exactly who sent this! That bastard even signed it. Your duty is to protect my daughter, you know exactly what we are up against here for God's sake!"

Nothing else was said after that. The local police and FBI showed up. When I saw the FBI entering the house I knew that whatever was on that letter was huge. The feds were here and that was a really bad sign. We were all going to be interrogated. Especially me, I was the one that found the freaking letter.

They told me that since I was I minor they couldn't interrogate me without my parents consent. But I just wanted to help so answered their questions willingly.

They asked me the same questions over and over again. Where the letter was? If I saw anything unusual? Did you see any stranger on the property? Did someone ask me to bring the letter in?