Chapter 16

Matt and I were waiting for Danielle and Nick at the diner. She convinced him to help us. I was still oblivious to the details of Matt's plan. I stopped thinking about it because we were now Involving two of golden kids of our school in the plan,and that right there could backfire. If something goes wrong and we get caught they can just walk away, probably with a suspension or a warning. Me, I could lose my scholarship.

On top of that a was a bit I bummed. Danielle choose to come with Nick instead of me. Not that I was obsessed or anything, well maybe a little. I just liked spending time with her. Or so I kept telling myself. She was coming with Nick and it bothered me. I didn't know why, we were just friends. As selfish as it was, I wanted her to spent all her time with me.

"Camden you sound like a sick stalker! Am I losing you my friend?" Matt was looking at me weirdly.

"Dude, Did I say that out loud? Ugh! I think that I like her"

" no shit Sherlock"

" shh, let me finish. I like her not just in a physical way, because let's face it she is gorgeous. But that's not it, Is more than that. When she smiles, which barely happens, but when she does it's like everything around us stops and nobody else exists. It's just her and those hypnotizing eyes."

I remembered our 'non date' date. We had so much fun with practically nothing. A sandwich, a guitar, a bridge and freezing water.

It saddens me that she has to create this hateful persona just to keep people away, when in reality she was an amazing girl. People don't know that she is funny, well Matt was discovering that side of her. He found his match. People didn't know that besides having everything and more she was still a simple and humble girl. People don't know that behind the tough exterior was a lonely girl.

"When she is sad, I just want to hold her in my arms and make everything better." I almost slipped by mentioning that I was dying to touch her, but then I remembered that Matt didn't know about Danielle's phobia. I wished I could tell him. He is my best friend, and I wanted to tell someone about all these crazy feelings I have for this girl. She is my unattainable dream. But I know that is not my secret to tell and I respected Danielle's wishes.

"What is stopping you then? Are you still afraid of the cold? If you are, I still have my extra coat. You know they have portable kerosene heaters, you can take them everywhere you go." Matt replied with a smart a$s remark as usual.

"It's complicated Matt. All I can tell you is that Danielle is an amazing girl, we have all been wrong about her, no one really knows her"

Disbelieve was written all over Matt's face, "Complicated how? Because to be honest with you, I feel like we are speaking about two different girls. Maybe you are just blinded by the ice glare."

Blinded by the ice glare? "Matt, Matt, Matt, What am I going to do with you? She is already helping you. Doesn't that tell you that there is more to her than what we thought?" She had no need or obligation to help us, but she was helping anyway.

"I know that she doesn't have to help us, but I think she has the hots for you my friend."

I choked and spitted out the soda I was drinking. What did Matt say?

Matt was laughing and he patted my back. "T-that was priceless!" Your face. Wide eyes, soda flying all over, hilarious!" He managed to say between his hysterical laughter.

I was about to poured the rest of my soda on Matt's head, when I saw her. Nick was leading the way to our table but I didn't noticed him, it was just her. Man was she beautiful! She had half of her hair up in some kind of do, the other half down."Oh, God help me!" I whispered.