Sayo's departure

Lin would be arriving at the South Pole shortly. She would be spending the day at the base with everyone, then the next morning she would go back to Republic City with Sayo at her side.

When Lin's ship docked, she found a White Lotus member waiting for her. He escorted her to the base via snowmobile and they arrived in no time. Lin found everyone sitting in the lounge. They were laughing at something someone said. The room went quiet as Lin stepped in. Then, two teenage girls flung themselves at her. One had brown hair in two pigtails and partial armor, and the other had a massive black bun on her head, violet eyes and purple clothes. Sayo and Saura, her daughters.
"My, you two have grown so much!" And it was true. Lin had never been a short woman and her daughters were quickly growing.

"We missed you so much!" Said Sayo and Saura just nodded a confirmation.

There were three others in the room. Katara, Kya and Korra were still waiting to be acknowledged. Lin hugged the three of them as well. Katara was like a second mother to her, just as Kya was like her sister, and Korra her daughter.

They spent to rest of the day catching up, and Lin was surprised to hear that Saura had a great spiritual connection and Sayo could slightly bend metal already.

The next morning, tearful goodbyes were exchanged, and Lin and Sayo set off for Republic City together.