Chapter 1~ Metting the French

YOUR POV

"Angelica"! You huffed as she fixed the dress tighter around your waist. "Y/N dont fuss. Its a ball, you need to look presentable"! My bestfriend exclaimed at me, giving me a dissaproving look through the mirror. Your father, George Washington, was downstairs currently at that ball. He had asked Angelica to help you prepare, seeing how you would fail miserably being left at your own devices. You rolled your eyes in an un-lady like mannor. You had never tooken a liking to balls or gowns or heels, anything girly really. You would MUCH rather be in a comfy pair of breeches and t-shirt and reading in the sunlights outside, or riding your horse Molly. But ofcourse that simply isnt accepted so your forced into uncomftorable dresses and pichy shoes like a lady. "You know Im not fond of dancing! Especially in these death traps"! I wiggled my heels at her and sat in a chair. "Oh come on Y/N! Get into the christmasy cheer"! Peggy gracefully rushed into the room followed by Eliza. "What if you meet someone special tonight"? Eliza had a dreamy look in her eyes. 'Always the romantic. You thought comically "Im sorry but I dont believe that Ill settle down anytime soon. Especially with some narrow-minded soldier who loves to fight for the shear violence of it". I stood and gave one last glance at my features. My (however long) Y/H/C looked beautiful against your elegant Y/F/C dress, also making Y/C/E sparkle. You had to admit, Angelica was amazing at putting an outfit together. The three girls looked amazing as well in there pink, blue and yellow dresses. It was suprising to see that Peggy could look so well in such a color. "Are you ready to leave"? They all nodded and we made our way to the ballroom. Loud and festive music flooded the ballroom along with elegant attires and lords. It didnt take long for Eliza to find someone to talk to, being the kind and open person she is. I saw Peggy entertain a muscular man, by the way their eyes glowed when they talked I could tell they would be courting soon. I realised Angelica was staring longingly after the gentleman Eliza was currently entertaining. "Why dont you go to him"? I asked her, breaking her thoughts. She sighed sadly "I dont want to break Eliza's heart". I shook my head "Angelica, if you dont go to him you will regret it for the rest of your life, wondering how it couldve been. It will break Eliza more if he doesnt love her as much back, her being with the wrong man. Let him make that decision of who he wants". Angelica turned to me with a smile "Thank you". She squared her shoulders in her 'Determined Angelica Way' and made her way across the room to them. You stood satisfied with your work and watched people move gracefully to the music. Your father was somewhere in the ballroom, meeting with other generals and soldiers. Your father was very well known for hid chivilry and impecable war knowledge, also for his leadership abilities. It was his first time home in months, as you started to try and look for your father you saw a very attractive man with astounding amount of hair aproach you. "Hello mon charie! What is a beautiful woman such as you doing here all by your lonesome". His voice dripped with a French accent as he winked at you, flashing brilliant teeth. You scoffed "I am sorry but I believe you are mistaken. Your 'charms' will not work on me. I am not some small minded, love sick girl ready to swoon over the words of some boastful violent soldier". Do not mistake those words, you are proud of your father and what he is doing for America. But you arent impressed by someone who just wants to run out and kill people for their shear enjoyment so they could boast when they get home. The frenchman looked at you on shock and awe. "Ms., I was not trying to offend you. I was hoping for a, how you say, dance"? He gestured his arm to you. You studied his features, noticing how extremely handsome and rugged he really was. His deep brown eyes were filled with intelligence, humor and wonder. His accent actually became more appealing the more he talked. You hooked your arms together and smiled at him softly, using that as a 'Yes'. You swirled into the storm of sways and dips, gazing up at the frenchman. "I assume you are a soldier Mr..."? He spun you in a circle "My name is to complicated and long to remember so just call me Lafayette. What is your name, might I ask"? I dipped with the others along the room "Y/N". He smiled "That is gorgeous. And to answer your question, oui. George Washington is an amazing capitan". I giggled at his admired look. "Have I said something wrong"? I shook my head "No. Its just, George Washington is my father". "MERDE"! He exclaimed as he tripped over his steps. I almost doubled over laughing, I havent laughed that way in a while. "How would that be a problem Lafayette"? He gave me a nervouse chuckle as we left the dance floor "Oh non, non that is not a problem charie. I just-". "Seducing another girl Laf? Im sorry sweetie can I assist you at all"? Another man with a lot of freckles walked over to us, a playful smile across his face as he gave me a wink. Laf blushed and looked a little irritated "Non. John this is Y/N, George Washingtons daughter". John's face turned from flirty to fear in a heart beat. "O-Oh". I sighed "Why does my fathers title scare people away? Please dont be frightened, im a normal person just like you". I crossed my arms and glared at them. "You are extremely fiesty are you not"? Laf laughed as he gave me another admiring look. I felt my face heat up 'Why does he make me feel this way'? "Y/N"! My fathers stern and clear voice rang through the room to me. "Father"! I ran to him, not caring if I was ladylike or not and threw my arms around him.

*************

LAFS POV

As Y/N ran over to the general I felt myself stiffin in anticipation. "Are you thinking of courting her"? John whispered as we watched her talk to Washington. I turned to him angrily "Why? Mon amie if your thinking about it I will-" "LAF! Laf calm yourself! I see the way you look at her. I wouldnt dream of it". I sighed in relief and nodded. "John she is so... different. She is so independant and full of passion that I would love to get to know more. Y/N is more beautiful than anything ive ever seen". I looked her over, feeling complete adoration for her. "Wow Laf youve met this girl only a few minute ago and youve already started to fall". I shrugged and thought over his words. I was so lost in thought that I didnt recognize that Y/N and Washington had made their way over to us. I felt my palms grow slick as he approached. We both saluted him and he nodded "John, Lafayette. Are you enjoying yourselfs tonight". "Oui sir, very much". He smiled "That is exellent. There are many lovely girls here tonight, have you found any special ladies"? John shook his head and smiled "No sir. I am not so sure for Lafayette though". My heart stopped as I glared at John. "Oh"? His wife, Martha, cut in exitedly. I glanced at Y/N and saw such innocent confusion on her face. I coughed "Erm, Well misoure, you see I have found your daughter amazingly facinating". I looked at her to see her reaction. She looked shocked but happy. With a little more confidence I turned back to Washingtons cold face "I was wondering, sir, if you would do me the honor of, how you say, courting her"? I bowed and kissed her hand softly, lingering a little longer than needed. "You want to court my daughter"? His voice was stern and cold. I nodded "Oui. I would love to". He looked between us two "Well it isnt really my decision. If youve talked to Y/N you know very well she has her own opinion and does as she sees fit. This is her decision". I turned to her, hope filling my heart. She smiled at me sweetly "Yes! I would love that..." I grinned widely "Merci Charie"! I embraced her and spun her into a circle. I set her down and gazed into her beautiful Y/E/C eyes and glanced at her lips. "Hey, thats my daughter son". Washington interveened. I stepped away hastily "O-Ofcourse sir. Merci". Martha gave me a reashiring smile "We must get back to talking to the other guests. Goodbye". As they walked away Herculese and Alexander walked up "Did we miss anything? Who is this"? John me and Y/N looked at eachother and let out a bubble of hystaria. "Non. Nothing". I hooked my arm through Y/N's and smiled at her fondly. Her eyes were huge with shock and happiness. The rest of the ball was amazing, me and Y/N talked for the whole time, just enjoying eachothers company. It finally came to a close as I escorted her back to her room. "Thank you for spending the evening with me, dearest Y/N". She smiled "As to you". She turned and opened the door then turned to me "When are you leaving"? "In 3 weeks. Why"? She smiled "I would like to spend more time with you before you leave. Meet me tommorrow. Goodnight". Y/N shut the door and I stood there in complete happiness "Goodnight Charie....."

OKAY SO I REALLY WANTED TO TRY THIS! PLEASE DONT HATE ME I AM TRYING REALLY HARD. I AM ACTUALLY VERY PROUD OF THIS... SO YEAH! K BYEEEEEEEE